Part 21 - Home

~Chilled's POV~

"It's good to be home again," I sigh in relief as I look around the empty house with boxes laying around everywhere. Ze, Galm, and Smarty walk inside behind me all also wandering around and looking around at the abandoned place we all used to hang out in. Ze closes the front door behind us as we all walk around the room, our footsteps echoing behind us reminding us of the emptiness. Glancing back at the other three they all have a sort of nostalgic expression as they look around at the empty room that used to be full of my random things I had decorating around. Approaching the box on top of the others, I open it with the flick of my pocket knife and smile in satisfaction when I reveal the gaming consoles inside.

"So you brought us here to be your helpers?" Galm asks with an amused expression and I just smile guiltily. They all roll their eyes and despite all my crap they all gladly begin opening the different boxes. Back then if it were something like this I would have just had Jess help me and we'd have fun doing this together. I nearly forgot how fun the stages of our relationship was. Any relationship is usually fun in the beginning at least, and the extremely lucky ones all the way through. Turning towards the other three people in the room though, I'm glad it's them helping me. As usual the conversations are interesting and they're just all fun to be around. While I would have invited Adam I feel like he'd just be busy at work and I kind of want to surprise him by showing I got my house back. He had hung out here more often before all of that trouble went on, this was practically also his house. For him he must have thought that I sold the place and it was taken up by somebody else but I'm glad Sark had me keep it and not go all out in pretending to be fired. After it feels like yours have passed by just unpacking my junk and putting them wherever we all collapse onto the couch we brought in.

"Where did you get all of this stuff?" Ze asks, sitting on the floor with an open box in front of him he's scavenging through. He suddenly pulls out a bright red hat and looks at it amused. Stepping over to him I snatch the hat out of his hands and put it on my head proudly.

"Give me that, that's mine," I snap, fixing the hat I feel like I haven't worn in ages. Ze laughs when he sees my serious expression and continues going through the box, the small figures from all sorts of video games sitting inside. I join him and sit next to him, peeking into the box and finding a lot of familiar friends inside that I had to separate from. "I need to buy a better shelf for all of this," I mutter as I take out the small guys and set them out on the floor.

"Oh yeah your other one was pretty shitty looking," Ze says harshly making me feign hurt to him but we end up laughing. Its been too long, since I sat with my best friend and had a carefree talk not involving our stressful job. Galm suddenly yells and Ze and I look up to find him pissed off and telling at Smarty as they play a game they booted up by themselves on the television. These familiar fucks, do they all think they own this place? Before I can continue my irritation Ze suddenly accidentally knocks the box over causing me to snap in irritation to him but he laughs it off, putting the things from the inside upright on the floor. If anything it increased the speed of his progress. When he puts up the last one his phone rings as if right on time after he finishes. He glances at the screen of his phone before getting up and letting himself out onto the balcony while he answers the phone. While he's gone I take my own phone out and immediately feel a wave of embarrassment when I see the message.

What're you doing? Work is over, right? Why don't you come over later?

He's suddenly becoming so affectionate and many of my worries and sadness has disappeared. It feels... too good to be true. I better not jinx myself, I should just accept this is what reality is now and it's amazing. Wiping away the embarrassment I text him back a quick okay in lack of what else to say. I usually get irritated at people who do this like fucking Smarty and yet here I am, at a loss for words. Glancing back towards the discarded box I get up from the ground and join Smarty and Galm on the couch but Ze suddenly walks in urgently and picks up his coat, looking to me seriously.