Part 26 - Negotiations

~Nanners' POV~

"What the hell was that?" I ignore the question and instead just turn up the television and continue to pack up the bag with the black clothing and carefully organize the wiring to fit inside. "Nanners, I know you have some sort of thing against him now but you can't just kiss me in front of the guy who loves you," Cathy continues to progressively grow louder and when I still refuse to respond she takes the scarf out of the bag and tosses it to the other side of the room. I sigh and finally face her, finding her looking as angry as she had sounded as much as I tried to ignore her. The moment I did it I knew she would be mad but I wanted to see Chilled's reaction, the thing she probably didn't want to see. I sigh and walk past her to get the scarf off the ground and look down at the fabric, feeling the soft fabric I've used for a long time now.

"It's fine, it was just a peck anyways. He wasn't too bothered," I lie and glance back towards her but she's still glaring at me to the point her face is a small tint of red. Behind her Miranda is at the doorway now, probably attracted by the yelling but she is staying out of the conversation completely.

"That's not true and you know it. I know a lot about Chilled from Jess and from him and I know when he falls for somebody he is absolutely loyal and obsessed over that person. That's why Jess was worried about him and I thought I would ensure her that he'll be fine and all because I thought... I can't believe I thought that he would be different from all of the other girls you were infatuated with. I thought if it was him you would calm down and return to the you before Nanners was a thing," Cathy says in a rush progressively becoming more and more upset and angry to the point her hand is trembling. Seeing her trembling hand has me immediately turn towards her and reach out for her but she immediately smacks my hand away and glares at me. "Adam, I'm not going to help you tear Chilled apart because not only is he my friend but he's the ex-boyfriend my best friend worries constantly about, and it's because he's unreliable and unstable that has Jess unable to let him go. Adam, I want you to tell him we broke up," Cathy declares and I hesitate, stopping my hands that were busy returning to packing up the things.

"Cathy... he's-"

"Our 'relationship' isn't even protecting us anymore or making you suspicious. You're just using it to hurt Chilled at this point and I don't like it. Tell him or I will." Cathy stands firm with her arms crossed leaving me with absolutely no other choice. I sigh and cross my arms as well, standing back and look ways from her towards the wall. If I tell Chilled he'll expect something, he'll expect for me to move on the relationship to the next level and I can't do that. If I do I just might grow to like him too much for both of our good because there will be me and him and Nanners, it's just too much. How can I expect him to come to love me genuinely anyways when he clearly hates Nanners with a passion? Despite the difference in personality, Nanners and Adam are both me, Adam Montoya. Shaking my head I stop for a moment to think and nod. It's better than Cathy telling him... or is it? If Cathy tells him...

"Go ahead," I respond and Cathy widens her eyes, stepping back. She hadn't been expecting me to play along with her and that was her mistake. She stares at me shocked for a long moment before glaring and turning her back towards me.

"I thought you were better than this," Cathy mutters before passing Miranda and stomps down the steps. I wait a few moments before turning and returning to work. If Cathy were to tell Chilled, Chilled will only be even more upset with the fact I didn't want him to know I've been pretending to have this relationship which is the only thing in the way of our relationship in his eyes. Without it, the only thing stopping us is us, and the fact I didn't tell him says that I don't want a serious relationship which is a very true fact. If Cathy told him he may break it off with me completely in hurt and all which will end it in a boring way but it'll do and succeed the original plan to just make him suffer. Somehow at the thought I find myself frowning and looking down at my things before zipping it up and carrying the bag. Stop being so sensitive at the thought of a sad Chilled, that was the plan in the beginning and I want to see his suffering expression so stop being so god damn sensitive, heart.