Part 30- Released

~Chilled's POV~

"You're getting out early?" Miranda asks as I stand up from the bed and glance over to the junk filling the bedside tables. I have to take all of this back home too, there's just a lot to do I suppose.

"Yeah, might as well. My head doesn't hurt that much and the detectives are always really busy this time of year so they need me," I explain and glance back as Miranda helps me by picking up several of the flowers vases off of the table. She stares into the flowers for a while before turning towards me with a smirk and a confident air around her.

"We don't need ya because I'm getting my interview to join tomorrow. After I join I'll take the position of number one detective."

"Fuck that, I haven't even taken that spot and I've been workin at this for years," I complain and she just laughs and nods, looking back to the flowers, keeping that far off expression she has every once in a while. To be honest, I don't remember anything about her but she's nice, she's actually a lot like me and has a pretty chill attitude I can get along with. It makes me wonder how I met her and if we were pretty good friends, what exactly brought us together and why she was even interested in me enough to talk to me. So far she's the only other of the two I've heard I've been decently good friends with besides the other guy named Adam whom I haven't seen since that time with Cathy. It makes me curious, since we obviously texted each other quite often about random things and yet he hasn't visited me ever since then or even text me. Miranda didn't even have my phone number before recently which shows that I apparently wasn't that good friends with her.

"How have you been, Chilled? I mean, have you remembered anything?" Miranda suddenly asks but I just pause and think back and yet I can't remember shit about anything, even the double date which was around the time I lost my memories everything is still completely unclear. Suddenly a wave comes over me and I cross my arms, still bothered by this sensation that I'm missing something important. More than just a stupid case like Nanners but I feel like I'm missing something much more personally important above something as simple as a case. That's what's making me guess maybe I fell in love with someone, or maybe I lost someone important but I already called my parents and family making sure they're all still good. It can't be helped for now but the fact that I have the slightest remembrance of it means that it must have been something extremely important to me to remember it over any other things that had happened.

"Not yet, the doc says it could take up to years for some people so I shouldn't worry about it. If it was really important I wouldn't have forgotten anyways," I say calmly although I do feel a bit off at my own words. If it was important I would remember, I really do believe this and that's why I feel concerned over the very faint remembrance of that... warm feeling. It must be that I fell in love with somebody, apparently not Jess even when I feel like I was in love with Jess just the other day. Miranda looks at me with a worried expression but before she can say anything the door to the room opens and two more lovely girls come inside to join us. Cathy walks inside beside Jess carrying a small teddy bear with a small note strung around his neck.

"Hey Chilled, sorry I couldn't come earlier but when I heard you lost your memories I had to come," Jess says, holding up the small plushy in front of me and I smile, a warm feeling in my chest coming when I see Jess but not the same loving feeling as before. I guess something must have really happened, or else I would be desperately clinging onto her while she apparently moved on. I guess although my memories are gone my feelings haven't completely forgotten about the people around me. Like when I met Miranda I immediately knew she was a good person and accepted her as a friend, that's why I'm a bit worried over the lack of visits from Adam because I felt a bit like I knew him. Plus I wouldn't text anybody that often if I didn't like them at all, and I even chuckled a bit reading our conversations. Nothing bitter or salty, that's what confuses me right now by the fact he seems to be avoiding me, plus, maybe if I see him some memories would resurface.