Part 18 - Apologies

~Chilled's POV~

Take deep breaths, Chilled. I stare at the door in front of me for a long time before picking up my fist and preparing to knock before suddenly turning away and shaking my head. Have I always been so easily nervous when facing my crush? After fights? I guess I don't really have that may fights, I hadn't had many with Jess at all and even this with Adam isn't a fight. We didn't fight at all. Blinking I realize we're not in a fight, we seriously didn't fight and yet why am I this nervous? Taking another deep breath I raise my hand and knock on the door and wait... and no response. Shit, what if he doesn't want to see me? It's been days since then and I've lived fine without my phone and coat, I could come again someday... I knock on the door again but there still isn't a response or any noise from the house. I came a bit early in case he wanted to leave earlier... is Cathy back? Holy shit I forgot about her existence. Hitting my own cheeks I knock again, a bit upset with myself. One again there isn't a response and I nearly turn away when I get curious.

My hand reaches for the door knob and I slowly turn the piece until it clicks open. Pushing the door forward I glance around, the house being a bit lighter than usual with open windows and such meaning he had woken up, or they. Shit, is Cathy really back? Glancing around I close the door behind me and step forward, feeling a bit wrong for entering the house without really asking. Is this considered breaking and entering? Well I didn't break anything, just entering? Trespassing? I shake my head, I'm distracting myself to ignore the actual situation. Looking around it's not until I look at the couch when I fine Adam laying down on the couch with a book faced down and covering his entire face. Hesitating when I see his legs slightly leaning towards the back of the couch and his hand on top of the book while his other drops down to the ground, I have to admit he is pretty damn handsome. Glancing back to the steps I stare for a while, wondering if I should just get my things and leave without saying anything.

"Cathy?" I hear Adam murmur under the book causing me to jump and glance back towards him as the book just slides off his face and onto the ground but his eyes are still closed. That scared me, he's just sleep talking? Stepping forward I reach out to his face but stop when he winces at the presence of my hand. I should leave, come back when he's woken up and before I commit any more crimes than I already am. So maybe Cathy is back. The conversation Cathy and I had comes back to my mind and I just look down to Adam. Cathy and Adam, so they even have relationship problems for both of them to be troubled. Adam couldn't have been perfectly fine or else he wouldn't have gone along with me and done all of that. Am I... interrupting this perfectly healthy relationship? A sense of guilt comes over me and I step away from Adam but a grasp on my arm causes me to jump and look back to him, a bit shocked to see his eyes open.

"C-...Chilled? You came over?" Adam asks, yawning loudly and rubbing his eyes, sitting up on his bed, his grasp still firm on my arm. "I know, you probably need your things back. I'll go and fetch them," Adam says, rubbing his eyes more before standing up and gently lets go of my arm before heading in front of me and hurries up the steps. I stare after the man, it's been a while since I was in front of him and talking to him and yet he was acting so normal. So it means... he doesn't hate me? I blink, staring at the bottom of the steps for a while before Adam appears holding my things. This is all happening pretty quickly for me when I thought that he would hate me. He approaches me, holding my belongings in front of me with a kind smile.

"Hey, and sorry. For last time. I shouldn't have done that while I was weak, I mocked your feelings," he says as he hands me my things leaving me dumbfounded. It takes me a moment to gather myself together and nod, smiling happily.

"It's fine, I came here to apologize too. I let you when I knew you're with Cathy, I'm sorry," I mutter, feeling a bit off for apologizing. Adam smiles and suddenly messes with my hair causing me to flinch and fix it again as he passes by me. Everything... is turning out perfectly. This is exactly what I thought would be impossible and yet he did it so easily. Rubbing my eyes I smile and follow him as he sits back down on the couch and takes the book off the couch.