Part 16 - A New Character

~Nanners' POV~

Hey... uh... Nanners. Of course I don't forgive you or anything because fuck you, you're a fuck and all but I appreciate the try. I was fired because of my involvement with you it had begun to seem suspicious. What about you, why have you been on a break for so long? You always seemed to work at such a routine before and now that you're back you even went out of routine, it seems odd. Who are you exactly anyways, what are you aiming for? What are you doing with these things you steal? Selling them? Keeping them? Ah fuck it you're probably not going to tell me shit... Well... why are you so interested in me? Because I happened to be the first person you ran into? Or do you actually know me in reality? If so, just tell me. I will always listen to your feelings because I know how it is to have someone unwilling to listen to your feelings... not saying you have a crush on me or anything but just that you...uh... never mind. Fuck you.

-Fuck you, Chilly Willy

I chuckle reading the final line and fold the paper once again, stashing it away so I can properly reply later whenever I get the time. Glancing at the staircase no Chilly Willy appears at the bottom despite having slept over this morning. Curious, I head over to the staircase and hurry up the steps and open my door, unsurprisingly finding the room completely empty, contrary to this morning. Leaning on the doorway I glance around until I find the shirt that had been discarded on the floor is now missing as well along with the window being cracked open. Did he really escape so dramatically out the window? I feel like he thought of this as a one night stand more than what I thought about it, and he's the one who's supposedly in love with me. Rolling my eyes, I close the window and leave the room, a bit glad he escaped while also feeling a bit lonely.

If he had stayed and come down stairs barely waking up in the morning I feel like I would have likely just attacked him once again or just keep him in this house for as long as possible. He thinks I did that to him yesterday without any real feelings towards him and that's probably for the best. Reaching the bottom I glance around, the large house seeming a lot emptier missing just one person out of two who are usually here. Cathy livened up the house, always thinking about projects with decorations or coming up with her own projects, playing music in the background. When Chilled is over he won't leave me alone and continue to make stupid jokes and insists random things I love spending time with him. They are two people I care about very much, and people I hope to never completely disappear. I'm a bit afraid that I'm beginning to hold Chilled on the same level as Cathy, since it's never happened before. I chose Cathy a long time ago and she's stayed with me until today, but with Chilled... I doubt he'll stay with me the moment he finds out I'm Nanners either by me telling him or by him finding out some bad way. That's why I should just forget about keeping him around before we both get hurt. Sighing, I shake my head and get the thought out of my mind. There isn't any use in thinking about this when I know well I won't just shove him out of my life. I even went as far as doing that to him yesterday, as Adam. The memory seeing Chilled after Nanners had done that to him comes into my mind and I find a dark cold feeling in my stomach. I don't want to see him like that.

Quickly dropping what I'm doing I pick up my coat and keys and walk out the door. I don't make it two steps outside the house before freezing and staring at the person standing two feet away from the door with her fist raised in the air as if preparing to knock. I blink in shock, becoming unable to even close the door behind me.

"I found you."

~Chilled's POV~

So I ran away. I wasn't going to spend an awkward morning seeing him and talking to him after what we had done. He doesn't even fucking like me like that but he just did it for me, it makes me feel like I'm the selfish one for making him do that. I take a deep breath and duck under my coat before realizing I hadn't had this long of a coat. Looking down I realize I took the wrong coat. Groaning in frustration I glance back in the direction I came from but hesitate. What'll he say when the one who literally escaped from his house by climbing out of his window just shows up at his doorstep returning a coat I accidentally stole? Shaking my head I return on my way home. There's no point in going back anyways, if I wanted to make absolute certainty I took only my things I would have stayed longer. Holding the cost closer to me when a gust of cold wind passes by I'm suddenly overwhelmed by the scent of Adam's very faint cologne.