Chapter 18: In Which There is Cuteness...

That evening was a quiet affair in the Hitachiin household. We ate dinner in the dining room, and desert was ice cream in the den, watching To the Beautiful You for my benefit, in both English and Japanese subtitles. "You were right, AJ." Kaoru said at one point. "This show really is addicting." Hikaru watched silently, thoroughly engrossed in the love story unfolding before us. At around eleven o'clock, we decided it was a good stopping point in the show, and Hikaru and I went to Hikaru's bedroom, while Kaoru went to his. Hikaru and I got ready for bed, (I was in the bathroom, and he was in the bedroom), and then climbed into bed. 

     "Tomorrow's Saturday." I said.

     "Mmhmm." Hikaru moaned in response.

     "Sleeping in sounds really nice right now." I mumbled, my eyes closed.

     "AJ, sleeping in sounds good every day." Hikaru said.

     "If only..." I mumbled, my eyelids becoming heavy.

     "C'mere." Hikaru said, holding the duvet up for me to scoot over. I did, and he wrapped his arms around me. 

     "So, I'm a teddy-bear, now?" I asked, stifling a yawn.

     "You're my teddy-bear." Hikaru said, snuggling me into his warm body. I smiled in contentment, and the world fell away as I slipped off into my dream land after saying goodnight.

----------------------------------------------    

     "AJ..." I heard, waking me up. "AJ..." came the voice again. "AJ." said the voice. It was decidedly male. I didn't want to wake up yet. The sheets were still warm and soft, sandwhiching me in comfort. I groaned in response to the voices talking over me. "AJ, you have to get up." said the voice.

     "It's not a school day." I replied gruffly, not liking the sunlight streaming onto my face.

     "If you don't get up I'll pelt you with peanuts or dump cold water on your head or something." said the voice. I was awake enough by then to realize that it was Hikaru. But I felt his arm trapped securely underneath my side.

     "How can you, if you can't move your arm?" I asked cheekily, settling back in with my back to the window.

     "I have two arms." he replied.

     "But there are no peanuts in the room." I said.

     "Fine, then, at least roll off of me, so that I can use the bathroom." Hikaru said.

     "You did not need to wake me up for that. Just roll me over." I said.

     "But you'd have fallen onto the floor." Hikaru replied.

     "Fine. Whatever." I said before rolling off of his arm. 

     "Thanks." he said before running off. I rolled back over, grateful that the sheets were still comfortable, and the house outside of the bed was cold, making the warmth even nicer.

     "Let me back on the bed?" Hikaru asked, seemingly just as I'd drifted off.

     "Just push me over so that you can. I'm sleeping." I replied.

     "Fine, then. I see how it is, inconvenience me and all that." he remarked huffily. I knew he was playing, though. He pushed me over, and I felt the bed dip as he sat down and then laid down. By then, I was fully awake. I groaned.

     "You woke me up permanently." I said.

     "Well, I'm sorry I didn't want to piss in our bed, your royal highness. Would you prefer I just get the sheets all wet and smelly next time?" he asked, fully awake himself, seemingly.