Chapter 9: The Part That Should Have Ended Happy, but Didn't.

As Kyoya and I talked that night, mostly Kyoya talking and me attempting to be interested about the finance of the host club, I decided something. I was not going to be able to make it through the weekend all alone here with Kyoya. He’d seemed too charming, I’d thought that maybe he’d be too much to handle in a much different way. And yet, he was about to bore me to tears. I didn’t know where the complete 180’d come from, but I was almost glad, because I realized that the decision took away some of the stress of picking between the guys. I found out that I was, in fact, able to make a decision. It would be kind of difficult, because Kyoya had been trying to be nice, but the truth was, if I looked down really deep, that I just wasn’t that into him. I loved the secret rendezvous, and the stolen kisses that made my heart melt, but talking to him? Kyoya just assuming things about me, like what I would and wouldn’t mind, he seemed… a bit controlling. Like he liked everything just so, and wouldn’t budge on anything. Which was what prompted me to texted Kaoru, telling him to talk to Tamaki, if he would. Kaoru seemed to think it was a bit of an odd thing to ask, but I convinced him to anyway. And then, it was only a matter of time.

I ttied to fall asleep that night, lying next to Kyoya, and there was no physical contact. It was what Americans call a California King, and Kyoya was all the way on the other side! Like he wasn’t even going to think about touching me. ‘What if I want to cuddle? Do I have to ask?’ My treacherous mind planted into my brain. ‘I don’t like asking for things. It feels rude.’ I sighed, and finally just pulled my phone over, and began texting Kaoru. It went a little something like this.

Me: “You awake?”

Kaoru: “Yeah. Why are you? Thought you’d be cuddling with that one dude.”

Me: “He doesn’t cuddle.”

Kaoru: “Aw, AJ, he doesn’t cuddle?”

Me: “No. Don’t get mad, because seriously, it’s because I’M mad that I’m telling you this, but I’m in his bed, and there is like, the length of a child between us. A ten year old child. I feel cold.”

Kaoru: “Aw… you know, you could always come home.” I teared up a little about that. He’d called their mansion my home. I wiped away the moisture and typed back.

Me: “I miss the heat. And seriously, what is with his laundry?”

Kaoru: “He’s a bit anal retentive… about EVERYTHING HE DOES.”

Me: “So… does that mean that if I decorate he’ll just put everything back to the way it was when I’m done?”

Kaoru: “No. Because he will expect you to come over. He’ll live in a different room until you go over again.”

Me: “Seriously?”

Kaoru: “Seriously.”

Me: “-.-“

Kaoru: “Hikaru and I send you cuddles and warmth. Now bury yourself in blankets.” I smiled at that, and snuggled down, unfortunately causing Kyoya to stir. I quickly deleted all evidence, and turned off my phone screen, throwing the room back into darkness. I felt Kyoya move a bit more, and was glad my phone was cradled to my chest, for some reason. I felt like he was going to be a parental figure.

“AJ, are you awake?” he asked.

“Yeah, I can’t seem to fall asleep.” I replied.

“Are you too cold?” he asked.

“Yeah, kinda.” I said.

“I’ll get you another blanket.” And off he went, leaving the bed completely. I was a little shocked at how dull he was. In the time that it took him to leave the room, I pulled my phone out, and as soon as the hall light went on, I turned the screen on and read the text from Kaoru.