Chapter 8: Maybe This Won't Work as Well as I'd Thought...

Late Friday night, I was packed and ready for about a week at Kyoya’s, and not completely certain what was going to happen. I was going to be essentially alone. In a house. With a boy. That I’d kissed and was attracted to. Oh shit, I was in trouble. I hugged Kaoru goodbye, and Hikaru held me a little too long to look like a hug goodbye, but for the moment, I’d been content to breathe in Hikaru. But then, a knock was heard on our door, and Kyoya was standing outside in the rain. He was kind of wet, and in the light spilling from the mansion’s chandelier, he looked like a dark prince, which helped me absolutely none when I tried to pick up my bags without looking and ended up just knocking them over. “I’ll see you soon, AJ.” Hikaru said, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, and resting his head on my shoulder before letting me go. Oh crap. Hikaru’s possessiveness was going to bring up a lot of bad questions.

“Hikaru was acting very… possessive… before you left. Anything for me to be worried about?” he asked.

“Nah.” I replied, hoping my eyes didn’t give away how big of a lie that was.

“Good. Now, I believe we’re alone… I’ve missed you.” Kyoya said with a small smile.

“You just saw me like, four hours ago.” I replied with a little giggle. Oh god, I was so far gone for this guy. For someone who’d sworn off love, I was so deep in the hole.

“Four hours too long.” He replied; the ambient, changing rainbow lights of the limo changed to red, and cast him into a darkened version of himself, taking my breath away. He leaned closer, and our lips met. I almost sighed in contentment, because his lips just felt so right. ‘But then… so do Hikaru’s…’ my inner voice said, but I shoved the bitch to the ground and beat her up with a stick. I was going to just forget the fact that I liked Hikaru too, and let this week be Kyoya’s. Probably easier said than done, but I was willing to give both guys a fighting chance before choosing. Even if they didn’t know they were fighting for anything. With that resolve in my heart, I allowed myself to realize that it was more of an apartment that he lived in - well, an apartment enlarged to the equivalent of Jupiter.

“Think you have a big enough place?” I asked teasingly.

“Well, I guess it could be bigger…” he said, catching on.

“That’s what he said.” I blurted, not even thinking. ‘Oh My God, you really just thought that… didn’t you?’ I thought to myself, face palming.

“A bit of an… interesting… response…” Kyoya said hesitantly. I just chuckled like a freak.

“Sorry. Habit to spout immature jokes. Purely from friends that are bad for me online. I’m so sorry.” I replied.

“You’re forgiven. But only if…” He trailed off for a second.

“If?” I asked.

“If I get a kiss.” He said childishly. Whoa! Where was this side coming from? Was the general thought process, just with a lot more of some rainbow language.

“Okay… I guess I’ll suffer my punishment…” I said, jokingly sad.

“Oh. So it’s a punishment?” He asked.

“Yeah. You’re just such a horrible kisser.” I said sarcastically and then grinned.

“But, you know, I guess I can manage a kiss if you’ll forgive me.” I said, leaning up. He pecked my lips, and then threw his arm over my shoulder. ‘What?’ I thought, looking at him. He had a smile on his face. “That was not a kiss.” I said.

“Yes. It was. Our lips touched. I figured I’d put you through as little torture as possible.” Kyoya said with a smirk. He walked me up to the house, the limo driver carrying my stuff, and walked in and we took an actual, honest to god elevator up to the top floor. We stepped into a large loft-space, with laundry hung everywhere. I definitely saw potential, but we needed to clean up the things first.

“Um, Kyoya?” I asked, forgetting about the whole peck-on-the-lips-instead-of-a-kiss thing. “Do I have to clean all of this up?”

“Of course not. My maid comes in tomorrow to do that. You just have to start planning. I want an amazing room, like your old one.”

“Okay. It’s definitely going to be an interesting space to work with.” I replied with a smile. ‘It’ll be a lot of work.’ I thought as my eyes followed a set of steps up to the loft. “So, where will I be sleeping?”

“In the loft with me, of course. If that’s okay?” He tacked on the last sentence, almost like an after-thought. ‘Odd. I might have wanted a choice… Oh well. Don’t let him ruin this for you. Just enjoy.’ I thought to myself, unfurrowing my brow and pasting on a big smile, even though my heart kind of felt heavy. I hoped that I wouldn’t miss Hikaru too much at night. ‘I hope I don’t talk in my sleep…’ I thought with horror. This was going to be a lo-o-o-ng week.

A/N: Hey, sorry for the really short update, but I'm in severe writer's block mode, and I am also starting to not like the Kyoya I created... Help? If you would, dear readers? Thanks! Sorry again about the shortness.