Chapter 15: In Which She Finally Knows...

"Get a ROOM!" Shouted Kaoru, sheilding his eyes. "Guys, for the love of god, stop kissing." We already had, but that was even more sobering.

     "Sorry, Kaoru..." Hikaru said, sounding aggravated. "I was SUPPOSED to be the only one looking in this wing."

     "Well, you were, until Kyoya took off to the west wing, Honey and Mori went to the east, Tamaki's in the café, and I didn't want to be useless."

     "Well... never mind. Oh well. It's done." Hikaru said, releasing me from his arms. I almost fell, but righted myself and began the walk of shame with Hikaru to Kaoru, and I followed them out of the hallway.

     "We found her!" Hikaru and Kaoru said everytime we found one of the people still searching. We all, including Kyoya, walked silently back to the host club room. Once we finally got back, I took note of the tea cups left unattended, the cakes half-eaten, and the couple of chairs that had apparently been knocked over. Once we'd all sat down, me as far away from Kyoya as we could possibly be, I decided something. I didn't want to live like this. With Kyoya always there, it'd be hard to just forget his existence, which was all I wanted to do at that moment. And so, I said,

     "I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry, but I quit the host club. I'm gonna... go wait in the hall..." I got up, and Hikaru and Kaoru stood up too.

     "We can all discuss this tomorrow. It's been too much of a day. I'll see you all tomorrow. Kyoya," Tamaki said, sounding tired, which was just something that Tamaki didn't sound like, "I'll... I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, we all parted ways. No one had accepted my exiting the host club, but that was not of my concern. I'd go in tomorrow, but I wasn't about to say I'd stay. There was too much. I wasn't much of a fighter, and besides, they'd existed as a host club before I came in, they'd survive without me.

     Hikaru, Kaoru and I walked to the waiting limo, and when I sat down, I just kind of fell over. Hikaru sat by my head, and put my head in his lap. I pretty much just dozed until we got back to their mansion. Once there, I got out of the limo, wondering if it really had only been days since I'd decorated Hikaru's room... since I'd slept so peacefully... since I'd been at least mostly at peace. I walked into the large kitchen and grabbed a couple of fresh rolls from their chef, and some salad, and then some chicken, and trudged up the stairs. Once in Hikaru's room, I sat down on the floor and pulled out my tablet. I heard someone come into the room, but didn't look up until I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. "It'll all turn out okay... you know that, right?" Hikaru asked.

     "Yeah... I'm just... ugh... I didn't need that whole scene, and I just... reacted... and I just... I... Urmf. I don't really know what to say..." I replied, tilting my head back to meet his eyes. He slid his legs around me and leaned forward to look into my eyes.

     "You don't have to say anything. I get where you're coming from, god knows emotions are just insane... so, just relax." Hikaru said, smiling lightly. My heart beat hard for a few beats, and my throat went a little dry. Suddenly, I could feel exactly where Hikaru's skin met mine, and I didn't know what to think, so I just didn't. He leaned down slightly, and I leaned up, and he kissed me... again... and I felt like I was on cloud nine for a minute. But then, my neck started to get a crick, so I pulled away, and then turned around again. Hikaru and I were both a little breathless, and I watched his chest rise and fall with every breath.

     "You know, if you keep doing that, I'm gonna get used to it." I said with a small smile. The world was temporarily forgotten.

     "You leaned in first." Hikaru pointed out with a grin.

     "Yep, but you leaned in too. How do you know I wasn't going to tell you a secret?" I asked.

     "We're alone in a room that's pretty much soundproof with the exception of the sound from the speakers. You could have just told me if it was a secret." He said.