Chapter 13: In Which We Fill In A Bit of Knowledge For What is to Come...

“Hey, AJ! So, heard you were Ouran’s new school slut!” was the first greeting I got the next day, almost immediately after walking through the grand doors to our building. I turned to look at who’d said it, and spotted a girl with platinum silver hair, (obviously dyed), Gorgeous blue eyes, and a sneer worthy of Satan’s Mistress.

“Um, is there another AJ around here? Because I know that you weren’t talking to me.” I replied once the girl was about a foot away.

“You think you can have Hikaru and Kaoru, and you may have them wrapped around your finger, but you can’t. It’s not fair to everyone else that you’re the only one who gets them.” The girl said, right in my face.

“I honestly do not think that. I don’t know what you’ve heard, but I’m not like that. Please don’t spread rumors without proof, because it just makes you look idiotic. I’m saying this to help you. Have a nice day.” I said with a fake smile thinking, ‘Oh god, if she figures out that babble I’m in trouble.’

“You BITCH! Did you just say I look DUMB?!” she screeched from behind me about two seconds later.

‘Crap.’ I thought as I turned around. “Yeah. Because when you say something that isn’t true with the implication that it is, anyone looks dumb. I’m telling this to you so that you can fix it, and not have the problem anymore.” Somehow managing to not make it better, but rather, worse.

Her face turned red, and she began yelling a bunch of gibberish at me, which just so happened to stop as soon as the twins appeared by my sides. “I don’t believe that is how a lady speaks, Adrianna.” Said Hikaru.

“Yes… Hikaru, I think that broke a couple of school rules… should we alert the principal?” Kaoru replied.

“She started it!” screamed the girl, Adrianna. Hikaru looked at Kaoru, and Kaoru returned the glance.

“I didn’t hear anything provocative out of AJ… Did you?” Hikaru asked Kaoru.

“No… I heard her trying to help this girl, but I didn’t hear anything provocative of that kind of language.” Said Kaoru.

“Hm… I wonder… AJ, did you say anything mean or provocative towards Adrianna here?” Hikaru asked, looking down at me.

“I just told her that spreading rumors with no truth makes her look dumb, and that that can be easily avoided when facts are checked before you make a comment.” I replied, starting to get into their half-mocking game.

“Oh! What rumor did she tell you? Did she say that Honey-Senpai was gay? We get that one a lot because of the way Mori takes care of him.”

“No. She said that I was Ouran’s new slut. I told her that I was not, and proceeded to try to point her in the right direction.” I said, half sincerely, and half sarcastically, trying desperately not to break into a smile. Meanwhile, Adrianna was staring at me like I was getting away with murdering a litter of puppies.

“Oh… well… that’s not very nice, Adrianna… However, maybe you could ask AJ for her forgiveness? Then we might not tell our principal about the rude language.” Hikaru said with a smile. “AJ, would you forgive her if she gave a sincere apology?”