Chapter Seven: Descisions descisions... descisions left unmade...

As I dwelled on what had happened in the host club room, I realized that Kyoya wasn’t acting like himself. He acted like someone a little less cold, a little more confident, and I realized… I liked it… a lot… and I didn’t know how to handle that. He had swagger, like a guy who knows he’s got something, and he’s just waiting for it to fall into his possession. My silence must have bugged Hikaru, because he kept nudging me until finally, I resolved to deal with it later. I pushed the kisses to the back of my mind to deal with while I was alone, and focused on helping Hikaru set up the speakers a bit better, hang up posters, and over all, finish the room. I put glow in the dark dots everywhere on the ceiling, as well as using glow in the dark paint splatters to give it a new and cool effect after painting it black, and then I excused myself to the bathroom and later caught up on homework. After that was a series of courses of dinner, and by the end of that, I was too exhausted to move. I crawled into bed after putting on some flannels and a crop top, not even caring that I was kind of chubby and probably looked horrible, and fell asleep almost instantly.

The next morning, I awoke to find myself squished between Hikaru and Kaoru, a forgotten alarm going off.

“And I’d give up forever to touch you,

Cause I know that you feel me somehow.

You’re the closest to heaven, that I’ll ever be,

And I don’t want to go home right now.

And I don’t want the world to see me.

Cause I don’t think that they’ll understand.

When everything’s meant to be broken,

I just want you to know who I am.

I just want you to know who I am, yeah…” Iris continued to play, the Goo Goo Dolls filling the room with one of my favorite songs, even the acoustic version by Kellin Quinn, even though I don’t particularly care for the guy. It’s beautiful.

“And you can’t fight the change as it’s comin’.

Or the moment of truth in your life.

When everything feels like the movies,

Yeah you bleed just to know you’re alive.

And I don’t want the world to see me.

Cause I don’t think that they’ll understand.

When everything’s meant to be broken.

I just want you to know who I am…” I sang along.

“AJ… stop singing… It’s not natural to wake up this early.” Hikaru said, bringing a pillow over his head. Kaoru moaned and did the same. I did what anyone would do at that point. I jumped on the bed, right in between them, my alarm having been shut off, and started singing as loudly as I could.

“Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na!

 Drugs, gimme drugs, gimme drugs

 I don't need it, but I'll sell what you got

 Take the cash and I'll keep it

 Eight legs to the wall

 Hit the gas, kill them all

 And we crawl, and we crawl, and we crawl

 You be my detonator