Chapter 9: Valentines Day

Oh no! Here it comes. I got out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I vomited into the toilet. It was continuous, and the pain was outstanding. I flushed it and sat there holding my stomach. It burned so bad, I felt like crying.

"Kade, are you okay?" Cameron asked squinting his eyes once he stepped into the light.

"No." I cried, grabbing my stomach. He sat down next to me.

"What's wrong? Do I need to take you to the hospital?" He asked concerned.

"No, I'll be ok-" It starting rising again.

I threw up, this time with Cameron sitting next to me. I was scared I would run him off, but he stayed next to me rubbing my back.

"Is that blood?" I gagged.

It was a blackish red color, "Kade, I'm taking you to the hospital." Cameron said getting up running into the bedroom.

I tried standing up, but my legs gave out and I fell back down. Cameron ran back to me. He had a pair of pajama pants for me and a blanket. After he put the pants on me and wrapped me in the blanket, he picked me up in his arms carrying me out. "Cameron, I'm too heavy." I whispered.

"Shut up, you are not."

I held on to him and Michael came out of their room, "What's going on?"

"Kade woke up vomiting blood. I have to get him to the hospital." Cameron said.

"Oh my god, Baleigh get up." Michael said running to get her.

Cameron took me down stairs and he grabbed his keys. Baleigh and Michael ran down following behind us. Cameron took me to his car putting me in the passenger seat. Michael & Baleigh got into the back and Cameron was driving.

"The hospital is only 20 minutes away." Cameron said, "But I can get there in 10"

"No, no don't speed." I said.

"Kade, I'm going to get you there as fast as I can." Cameron said raising his voice.

He has never raised his voice at me nor has he ever told me to shut up. I didn't know how to respond. I started to cry, I thought I did something wrong.

"Kade, it's okay. Everything is going to be fine." Baleigh said rubbing my hair.

My stomach turned & my throat was burning. It felt as if we would never arrive at the hospital.

"We are almost there babe, it's okay." Cameron said.

Everything went black. I closed my eyes and drifted away from the pain.

***

I woke up. My arm stung when I moved because of the IV, I looked around at the hospital room. Cameron was asleep in a chair to my right.

"Cameron." I whispered trying not to scare him.

"Cameron, wake up." I whisper shouted.

He jumped up, "Yes, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but I'm cold. Come lay with me." I said.

He stood up from the chair and sat down in the bed. Getting comfortable, I put my arm around him laying my head on his chest. I closed my eyes when he started talking, "I'm sorry for raising my voice at you and telling you to shut up. It just that, you are so hard headed."

"It's okay, I was upset, but it's okay. now. And I am not hard headed." I said with my eyes still closed.

"Um, Kade. Yes, you are. You yelled at me because you thought you were too heavy when obviously, you couldn't walk on your own. You didn't want me to take you to the hospital when, you needed to be here." He proved his point.