Chapter 16: Kade's Birthday

Cameron had his hand on my thigh as he drove back to my house. I finally stopped crying, but when the thoughts took back over, I would bawl again.

"Babe, you have to tell me what happened?" Cameron said sympathetically.

I gasped for air and wiped the tears from my face. I looked up and we sat in my driveway, "I-I w-wanna g-go ins-side." I sputtered.

"Okay, let me get you." Cameron said getting out of the car.

He walked around to the passenger side and I grabbed the bag that had the ice cream in it. He opened my door and undid my seat belt. Cameron slipped his hands under my legs and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He lifted me out of the car, carried me to the door, and walked in.

"Don't let my Mom see me this way." I said clearly and Cameron got to my room quickly.

He sat me down on the futon and then shut the door, "Babe, What happened? Did those girls say something? Who were they anyways." He was full of questions, "Kade, tonight I want you to tell me stuff. It's not like you can't trust me. You can trust me, right?" He raised his voice a little while asking me everything. I was still crying.

"Please don't yell at me." I said softly.

"I'm not yelling, I don't like seeing you upset. I don't want you to be upset and not tell me what's the matter. You have to talk to me. I am here for you Kaden." He said sitting next to me giving me a hug.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't speak. It was as if my mouth wasn't working at the moment. Every time I tried to speak more tears fell.

"They said that m-my boyfriend j-just blew his brains out and I'm alr-ready f-fucking some, new man." I continued, "They said it like I didn't even care about him. Like that I was already over him. I mean I moved on and realized he was gone, and I can let new people in my life, but that doesn't mean I don't miss him." I cried harder on my last words, "I will always miss him, but I can't mourn over this until the day I die. I won't let it happen." I said, with my tears finally clearing up.

Once I tell someone how I'm feeling, I feel so much more relieved and on top of the world.

"Kade, Kaden," Cameron smiled at me, "I know it hasn't been long since I've met you, but if I had to choose to spend the rest of my life with you, I sure as hell would. Every time we have deep conversations I become closer to you, and I want you to always know that I am here for you." Cameron gave me a small kiss on the lips.

"Cameron." I said.

"Mhm." He hummed.

"I do trust you." I hugged him, "Now, what do you want to know about me?" I asked.

"What's your full name?" He smiled at me, "Middle Name, and all."

I blew out heavily, "Ugh... It's Kaden Carlos Wall."

"Ah, sounds even better now that I know the whole thing." He laughed, "Remember when I asked you what your full name was on the way to eat on our first date?"

"Yes I sure do." I smiled.

"Can you believe that was 2 months ago?" He asked.

"No, but I'm more than blessed that these past 2 months have been spent with you." I smiled.

"Whatever." Cameron joked.

"Fine." I kidded.

"I'm just kidding babe. Don't take things so personal." Cameron put his arm on my side.

"If you tickle me, I'll kick you." I said moving his hand.

"How did you know?" Cameron acted shocked.