Chapter 35: Our Happy Ending

Reese and I stood in each other's arms, taking everything in. Making up for lost time.

"There are about 350 to 400 people downstairs waiting for a wedding, and they aren't getting one today." I said into Reese's chest.

"Yeah, that kind of crossed my mind too." Reese said nervously.

We broke from our hug, and I turned to go tell everyone the wedding was off.

"Kade, where are you going?" Reese asked.

"I can't let everyone just sit there and wait and get angrier." I said almost about to pass out, "Go sit in my room and I'll come get you in a minute."

"Alright." Reese said, and I started downstairs.

I could hear everyone socializing, and my stomach turned. Everyone is about to kill me.

"Kade, what are you doing?" I heard Cameron call from behind me.

I turned to face him, "I really don't know."

He walked to me, "Did you find him?"

I took a deep breath, "Yeah, I did."

"You don't seem happy?" Cameron questioned, sounding upset.

"Yeah, I'm happy, but then again, I'm confused. I don't know whether to thank you, or question everything." The words shook from my mouth, and I almost couldn't look Cameron in the eyes, which was once my favorite thing to do.

"You don't have to do anything. You can walk out of those doors right now with him, and I can explain everything to everyone. You-" I interrupted Cameron's speech.

"Why did you do what you did? You could've left me alone, and a couple of minutes later, we would've been married." I asked, trying not to raise my voice.

"I could've done that. I could've let you marry me and neither of us wouldn't have been happy. Over the last few years, ever since Reese walked back into your life, it felt as if you two were never apart. I could feel the chemistry between you two, and there was no way I could stand in you two's way. If we would've gotten married, you would've wished it were him, and I would've wished to let you go, because seeing you unhappy is the worst thing in the world." As he spoke, his voice grew softer and a small tear rolled down his face.

I was at a loss for words.

"Kade, I'm not upset with you at all. I'm definitely going to miss you, but I'm happy for you. You have had a rough life, and people have hurt you, and stood in your way, and for once I want to move out of your way, and I want to allow you to make your own choices. I don't believe that I should stand in your way for my selfish reasons, because you deserve to be happy too." He held my hand as he spoke.

"Cameron, you will always have a special place in my heart, and I will always be here for you. I love you so much, and I hope one day that I can return the favor of something as huge as what you're doing." I gave him a small smile.

"Go to him, and be happy. I think that will do it." He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

I backed away from him. I did not cry. I smiled. I smiled out of pure happiness and gratefulness. "Thank you."

"It's the least that I could do for someone who has been nothing but giving to me." Cameron smiled and walked away.

I walked back upstairs to my room, but before I reached the door Baleigh stopped me.