Chapter 14: Road Trip

I slept awful all night. I felt like I hurt Cameron's feelings because I acted like a douche. I was turning and twisting to where I woke up the next morning, tangled in the covers and sheets. It felt almost impossible to get out of them, so I didn't. I laid there with my thoughts tangled in my head like the sheets to my legs.

"Cameron." I said hoping he would still be asleep.

"Yes Babe?" He asked, "Is everything okay?"

"No, I feel awful." I said, a tear slowly rolled down my cheek.

"What's wrong?" He asked turning to look at me. When he noticed I was crying he held me close and kissed my cheek.

"I acted so mean towards you last night. I shouldn't have done that. I-I know how it is not wanting people to find out about your sexuality. I've been through that. I felt like you were mad at me all night and I couldn't sleep." I said trying to stop the tears. It was a silent cry, no gasping for air. It was only tears of hurt.

"Kade, I am not mad. I could never be mad at you. I don't want you to feel like that, okay? Just push it aside, when I'm ready to tell the world. We'll do it together. Okay? You and I." He said smiling.

"That would be awesome. Don't rush on telling people because of me. Take your time. Okay?" I said grabbing his face like a baby.

"I promise." He said as I squished is cheeks together.

I kissed his squished lips, "We have to pack. I want to leave tonight and get there later tomorrow."

"Okay. Should I be nervous on meeting your family?" He asked.

I let go of his face, "Of course not. You'll only meet my Mom, Stepdad and Sisters." I said smiling.

"What about your actual dad?" He asked. I looked away from him. Nobody asks about my dad anymore, not even me.

"No." I said keeping it brief.

"Why not?" Cameron asked, rolling on top of me. He sat on my waist.

"Just because." I answered. I don't want to talk about it.

"Because why?" He continued.

"Because I said no, Cameron." I said it sternly that time. Maybe he'll get the point that I don't want to talk about it.

"Kade?" Cameron pouted. "You can talk to me, it's not like I'm a stranger." He was the biggest baby I knew.

I rolled my eyes, "I haven't spoken to my dad in 3 years. I haven't seen his face in 5, that's why we aren't going to see my dad. He probably wouldn't even recognize me anyways." I said looking at him sitting on my waist area.

He was rubbing my stomach and moving down to the waist band of my pajama pants. He started to kiss my neck.

"Cameron. Some people think neck kisses are cute, I don't like them. They tickle." I laughed pushing him off gently.

"I know, it's just you seem upset. I would be too if I didn't talk to my dad for that long. What happened?" He asked, rolling off of me and laying down holding me close.

"His whole side of the family was very mean. When my mom and him were married, his parents, were the worst in-laws to have. They called my mom names and once I was born, they did the same to me. When I grew up over there they treated us worse and worse so my mom left. My dad wouldn't sign the divorce papers until my mom got the cops involved. It was so stupid, but I stopped going to see him & my grand parents when I was 13. They would call me occasionally when they "had time" but that stopped after 2 years. My dad married his girlfriend, I wasn't invited to the wedding & after that, they completely shut me out, as I did for them. Like I was never apart of the family." I said kind of shortening it up. It's a really long story that I don't have time for, because they aren't worth talking about.