Chapter 10-Trailer Included

Start from the beginning

Rylie doesn’t know if she can stand at the moment.  She needs to keep her legs tightly closed suppressing the arousal she feels at the sight of his sexy nerdy professor look.  He slides the paper across to her along with a pen.  She uncrosses her legs, his eyes shift to them watching her every move.  She scoots to the edge of the desk to sign the paper then slides it back to him, his fingers lightly touch hers as he takes the pen.   

He reads over it for a second she wonders what is it he’s looking at it’s just her signature. Taking off his glasses he lays them to the side next to the folder containing her information. 

“Alright Ms. Cameron shall we get started.”  He says his gaze meeting hers. 

“Certainly.”  Rylie’s voice comes out raspy. 

“What makes you the best qualified person for this particular job position Ms. Cameron?" Is his first question. Rylie expected it to be and although she's prepared to answer the question she isn't prepared for the aloof stare he's giving her. 

"I believe I stated on my job application my experience performing the duties the job requires." She responds determined to stay unruffled by him. 

"What this position requires and what I require of the person getting this job is much more than what's listed on the application Ms. Cameron.  I didn't think you were aspiring to be my beck and call girl especially since you have stated so eloquently you can't stand the ground I walk on." 

Rylie tries her best not to blush.  She made that statement in a private conversation where the hell was he that he heard it.  She bites her bottom lip to keep the sarcastic retort on her tongue from escaping her lips. The moment her eyes lock with his intense blue ones her heart rate flutters.  She tries to look away but it's not before she glimpses his teasing sly smile. 

She's got to keep her comments to herself if she wants to make it through this interview.  Getting this job will have to come through divine intervention or she's never going to make it to an executive position working for this man he really likes to goad her. 

"I believe I'm more than qualified for this position Mr. Braxton I have no commitments that will keep me from performing the duties of the job offered."  She answers nonchalantly feeling proud of herself for keeping her composure.    

“Are you sure Ms. Cameron?  The individual that gets this job will have to work late nights and on weekends.  There will be lots of travel involved.  This position could require you to walk a lot of ground with me.  We will be working closely together and I wouldn’t want to force you to have to work with someone you find so distasteful.” 

Rylie keeps her gaze focused somewhere over his head to keep from looking at his handsome face.  “Ahem….uh…I’ll manage, Mr. Braxton.”  She says softly. 

“You didn’t finish the sentence Ms. Cameron.”  He responds, his head is down and he’s writing something.  What could he possibly be writing, he hasn’t asked her anything of importance yet. 

“I don’t understand.  I believe I answered your question.”  Rylie replies confusion on her face. 

“As usual, not completely Ms. Cameron, You’ll manage IF you get the job.  I haven’t offered it to you yet.”  He responds with a subtle smirk. 

Rylie is incredulous, he’s such an arrogant ass.  “As you say Mr. Braxton, IF I get the job, I’ll manage.” 

It's good to know you can manage IF you get the job Ms. Cameron. That will be all close the door on your way out."  He puts his glasses back on lowering his head not looking at her he’s writing something again.