Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Jayson leaves the bedroom he shares with Margo to go down to the kitchen to get himself something to drink.  Pulling a bottled water out of the fridge he holds it tight in his hand almost squeezing it open.  Turning toward the kitchen counter he slams the bottle on top of the marble counter top then runs his fingers through his hair and over his face. 

He and Margo always bring out the worst and passion in each other.   The way she acted throughout his affair with Monique made him see that.  Margo yells at him when he messes up but it's because she loves and cares about him.  He doesn't know why he stayed with Monique as long as he did.  The novelty of the affair wore off a long time ago what remained between them was lust. 

He was so confused about his feelings substituting Monique for the relationship he thought he wanted to have with Rylie.  He was stubborn about it for a long time eventually he realized the attraction between her and Chace was too strong.  Rylie has never seen him as someone romantically in her life.  After much thought he soon came to the conclusion what he was searching for in Rylie and Monique he already had in Margo.

Chace and Rylie are meant to be together.  It's one of the decent things that came out of his and Monique's mistakes.  Having his baby daughter in his life is the other.  He loves being Randi's father even though the situation they are in is unique he plans to rectify the living arrangement and visitation soon.

He and Margo were on the road to recovery until now, last night.  Whatever happened on that veranda with Gavin has caused Margo to be unusually quiet and traumatized.  He thought he had got her through the worst of things when he found out she was raped by Quinton.  Now to have to face this.  He feels if he pushes her too far she's going to break after all that he's put her through.

He wants to call his brother to ask him for help.  He needs to release tension and let out the anger.  Holding his head down on the counter he feels alone in the situation.  He's unable to talk to Chace about it now he's probably going through the same situation and more since Rylie is pregnant.

Barefoot, shirtless and dressed in long pajama pants he walks out of the kitchen turning off the light.  The water bottle is in his hand.  He climbs two of the stairs before hearing screams.  Margo fell asleep as soon as she came out of the shower, she must have waken. 

Taking the stairs two at a time he rushes into the bedroom, she's thrashing around under the covers having a dream or flashback.  Setting the bottled water on the nightstand he climbs into bed reaching for her.  She screams shrugging away, scampering out of the bed and backing up until she hits the wall.  She's mumbling and pointing but he can't understand what she's saying. 

Jayson tries again to approach her tentatively.  "Margo, baby.....it's me your husband.  Margo I love you and I want to take care of you, please let me help you."  Her body shakes in fear, she's breathing heavy but seems to be calming down.  She allows him to approach her.  Gathering her in his arms Jayson rocks her back and forth whispering words of comfort and love to her as the tears roll down his face.

Margo feels something wet on her cheek, she looks up at her husband with her own tear stained eyes.  Cupping his cheek she whispers to him.  "Are you going to leave me?"