Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Emilio doesn't want to disturb the others they are cooing over the baby. He comes out in the hallway to take an important phone call. He can see Margo far down the hallway as he finds someplace secluded to stand. She's talking to someone he can't see who it is. He prefers they not hear his conversation so he moves away from them in the opposite direction getting distracted in taking his business call. His back is turned he can't see Margo's wrist being held onto by Quinton.

"What are you doing here?" Margo says trying to pull away from Quinton's hold, he tightens it sliding his hands up her arms.

"Why wouldn't I be here I was told Monique was having the baby. Why are you here Margo?" He throws the question back at her.

"I'm here with Jayson, it's different. I'm not wanted by the police, how did you get up here?" She tries again to break his hold, he lets go, she rubs her wrist and arms.

"You haven't answered my question Margo, what did Monique have?" Quinton says dryly, he's still standing extremely close to Margo as a couple of nurses walk by.

"A girl, it's a girl." Margo's voice comes out heavily affected by the news. The words stick in her throat as she says them out loud. The thought of her husband's mistress having a baby is not something she thought she would ever have to deal with. Prior to marrying Jayson she played that roll well with many men. She never imagined what goes around would come around to her so painfully.

"Yeah....we talked about having a little girl that looks like Monique a few times. Quinton is speaking, his voice reflecting his melancholy mood. Margo snaps her head up to look at him. She has never seen him like this before. He seems tranquil compared to the last time she saw him, he was so angry with her when they had sex in that hotel room. He's talks like nothing bad happened between them. He doesn't move around as if terrified the police are after him.

"Quinton, you said Monique is your wife. You never said that before, is it true?" Margo questions, he seems to be wrapped up in his own thoughts.

"Margo, I can't go wondering around to the different hospital rooms, I need you to tell me which one she's in?" Is the baby with her?" He asks ignoring her question. Margo figures it's just a wish he has. He told her that he and Monique got drunk in Vegas and almost got married. He never said they attempted it again. She debates whether to tell him the police are watching Monique's room. If his Uncle finds out that she got him arrested she's afraid that he will come after her.

"Quin, you need to leave here. It's not your baby. Jayson had a paternity test done. The results show he's the father." Margo hurriedly responds.

"You still trust what he says." Quinton shakes his head.

"Who else am I supposed to trust Quinton, you? You hurt me." Margo exclaims her throat feeling dry.

Quinton sighs heavily he didn't want to talk about them. "Margo what happened between us was a result of us both being hurt. Listen, Monique called me before she went into labor and asked me to come get her. Your coward of a husband and her baby daddy was helping her stay hidden until the cops got to close then he abandoned her. Now I'll make a deal with you. I want out of my Uncle's operation. It's really not his anymore anyway, that Senator is taking too much control of things. The police are putting too much pressure on us and they are looking at me for killing Kayla. I didn't do it."

"What do you want Quinton?" Margo says blandly not sure she can trust him.

"I need to get Monique and the baby out of here. It's the only chance I have while they are both still in this hospital. I need to do this before they move her to lockup. I figure I've got a couple of days. Just think Margo, you want your husband back and you don't want this baby do you? If Monique's not around distracting him, his attention will be all on you. You can have him back he knows you stood by him through all of this."