Chapter 8

Chapter 8

They run his errands first stopping by a hair salon.  She decides to get her hair done while Chace gets his cut.  Rylie is on her way to the shampoo station when she sees Chace lying back in a barber's chair having his facial hair trimmed.  He's getting a shave, he looks relaxed and his hair has been cut close on the side with plenty to run your fingers through left on top.  Rylie looks around her to find she's not the only woman standing around watching him.  Even if he isn't hers she is the one in the shop with him.   

He opens his eyes as his face is lathered up for the shave.  His eyes make contact with hers momentarily before she chickens out turning away to go to the shampoo station. 

They look admirably at each other after they are done.  She got a wash and trim.  The hairstyle she's been given frames her face she loves it.  As they are waiting for his credit card receipt in the salon, Chace gathers a handful of her hair lying on her shoulders letting it slide through his fingers.  

"I like it."  He says, his provocative smile makes her blush.  She gets flustered hurrying away from him out the door.   He stops at each of their cleaners to pick up their clothes.  

The next stop is to Rylie's favorite store, Target.  He grabs a cart when they go in.  Chace stops by the Starbucks in the store to get them coffee.  Rylie gathers what she needs, when she comes down the end of the aisle out of it to put her things in the shopping cart, the cart and Chace are missing.  She has to carry her toiletries up and down the aisles to find him.  He's currently in one of them checking out the different shaving kits, looking at mustache trimmers.  She notices there are two already in the shopping cart along with several other things he seems to have found in a short amount of time.  

"I thought you said you've never been inside this store."  She exclaims throwing her few items into the cart with a frown when she notices all the stuff he's grabbed and put in the shopping cart.  She imagines his world is so different from hers.  She's thinking everything he has is picked out by handlers, personal shoppers and other people that work for him.  

"Maybe I have, in college or something, they all look the same."  He pushes the cart on going down another aisle she ends up following behind him.  They go to the appliance section.  He picks up a toaster inspecting it. 

"I need one of these, I miss having toast in the morning."  He isn't paying attention to her, he's picking up another one. 

"Don't you already have this sort of stuff?"  She gestures. 

"No, I have to buy everything for this place.  I didn't bring anything with me.  I wanted to decorate it myself but I'm finding I don't have the time.  This gives me a chance to get a few things."  He explains. 

"You need some help."  Rylie says, she would love to arrange his fabulous kitchen.  Her hand is already on a different toaster she wants him to consider purchasing.  He reluctantly gives in.  By the time they get to the register their cart is full of home items for his place.  Rylie picked out his toaster, talked him into buying one of the coffee grinders, he is buying a drill and a hammer, she picked out some storage containers for him which he complained about saying he would probably never use them. They look no different than the other couples or families in the store but she knows better. 

They work together to figure out how to get everything loaded into the trunk of his Maserati.  He teases her that the next time he goes shopping with her he's taking a moving truck. 

Rylie argues back with him that it's his fault they bought so much, she tells him the next time they go shopping they are going to take her mid-size SUV they need the trunk space the way he shops.  He tells her if they do, he's driving.  She argues he's making sexist remarks assuming she can't drive.  The banter between them is normal for a couple but they are not that.