Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Ivana stumbles down the police station steps gripping the bannister while holding in her other hand her hair piece and broken heel from her five-inch stiletto shoe. Abram Kessler tries to prevent her from falling, she slaps his hands away. "Don't touch me....you let me spend the night in that place. Why didn't you get me out of there? You're my father, you're supposed to take care of me." She screeches at him.

"If you would learn to keep your hands to yourself and your mouth shut Ivana maybe you wouldn't have had to spend the night in lockup. You pissed too many people off. Why the hell did you have to slap that police officer?

"He made me break the heel to my Jimmy Choo's shoe. I told him to let go of my arm, he had no right to arrest me." Ivana says in a fit of pique.

"Ivana, he asked us to leave that area of the hospital. You almost got us both arrested. They kept me in a room asking me questions about my visits to a place called The Mansion most of the night. I can't have it get out publically I'm being blackmailed." Mr. Kessler explains.

"Blackmailed.....for what? What is this place called The Mansion, some kind of gambler's club or something? You let me sit there in that filthy place all night to save yourself because you hang out in clubs with hookers."

"You're out on bail Ivana. I suggest you stay out of trouble."

"I've been humiliated, they strip searched me, do you hear me? They yanked my hairpiece out of my head, made me take off my jewelry and shoes. They kept them and threw me in this cell with all of these crazy women."

"I was terrified in there. It was dark, you could barely see any faces. I had to sleep on this dirty, grungy, nasty floor. Somebody took the blanket they gave me. When I tried to get it back I got slapped and they ripped my dress. Somebody is going to pay for what I went through in there. I'm not one of those kinds of people, I didn't belong there. I think Chace did this because I won't marry him." Ivana whines.

"Ivana I talked to Chace at the cocktail party he said you and he weren't together. Now come on let's get away from here." Mr. Kessler grabs his daughter by the arm dragging her to his chauffeur driven town car he has waiting. Shoving her inside they drive out of the police station parking lot getting a few miles down the street when a black SUV pulls in front of Mr. Kessler's chauffeur driven car and another pulls in back of it. Mr. Kessler looks behind him and in front of him they are boxed in. Another black car pulls up to the side of his signaling for his driver, Sherman to pull over.

Abram signals to Sherman at it's alright to pull over. They are forced into a commuter parking lot. It's almost empty on this cloudy Sunday morning. "What's going on dad, who are these men?" Ivana questions frantically looking around them.

"Keep your mouth shut Ivana." Mr. Kessler demands of his daughter as one of the men wearing a dark suit with an earpiece makes his way over to their car. Abram lowers his window, the man reaches in his jacket pulling out a cell phone and an envelope as Ivana cowers on the other side of the backseat.

"Mr. Kessler, by boss wants to speak with you." The young man says sticking the phone inside the open window. Abram takes the phone. Ivana watches as he nods and grunts, giving yes, no responses. He sighs and says "I understand, yes I will." The call ends he hands the phone back to the man waiting patiently. The man hands him the envelope.