Chapter 54

Chapter 54

Richard Braxton is standing at his dresser mirror fully dressed for the fundraiser, he's fixing his tie and thinking about the phone conversation he had with Ivana about an hour ago. She asked him not to come over, she didn't want his help with the funeral arrangements for her father. Richard isn't taking her request well Abram was his best friend for so many years he misses him especially now.

Richard has regret that he waited too late to try to make up with his friend. He had a short phone conversation with Abram early on the morning he died. They agreed to play golf together the following Saturday but it was not meant to be. They often discussed looking forward to the days when they would both have grandchildren in their lives and the opportunity to have a second chance to get the things right they messed up. Saturday was going to be the day he would show Abram all of the pictures he has been taking of Randi instead he will be going to his funeral if Ivana accepts him there.

He's not happy that Ivana told him he bears some responsibility for her father's death. She believes if they had still been speaking to each other prior to that day her father would never have been pushed into the situation he was in. She reminded Richard that they always agreed to look out for each other and he broke that promise to her father.

Richard tried to reason with her offering to hire a private detective to look into her father's death. Ivana told him that wouldn't be necessary she knew the people responsible for his death, she said she will deal with them starting tonight. He didn't know what she meant by that, he ponders whether to tell Chace about their conversation or just let it go for tonight. They will have enough to deal with handling the Senator, his wife and friends.

This is not his kind of crowd of people. He feels like to many of the politicians that will be in attendance tonight are taking a step back to help the Senator raise money for his campaign. Their support borders on conflicts of interest in the manner they are supporting Aiden. If he didn't know better he would think they are all being blackmailed to give money and to support his campaign.

He can hear his name being called from downstairs. He's riding to the fundraiser with Jayson, Margo and Monique. Randi's nanny has put her to bed he's hoping that Monique and Jayson didn't wake her up when they spent time with her.

As he reaches the bottom of the stairs he can feel the cold in the room between the two women with his son in the middle of it.

Pulling Jayson into the foyer he ask him. "What's happened now Jayson, my god, I've had four wives and I've never had to deal with issues like this with any of them. You need to act like the man I raised you to be and handle these women. Now I'm not fond of Margo but I can get use to her if I have to. I can't believe Monique and Rylie have the same blood running through their veins. Rylie seems normal for a woman but this one is a she-devil. I'm not blind she's beautiful to look at but son you need to know more about a woman than just how to satisfy her in bed. I'm not so sure us all riding together is a good idea.

"It will be fine dad, they hate each other and there's nothing I can do about it. This is them being on their best behavior." Jayson explains to his father.

Monique is tired of sitting, waiting and receiving daggered looks from Margo she gets up to go tell Jayson she is ready to leave. Walking up behind him on her way to the half bathroom behind the stairs she overhears him say to his father.