Chapter 66

Chapter 66

Chace and Richard arrive at the Rye Bar at Capella hotel in Georgetown more than an hour late for their meeting.  Because of the high backed chairs in the bar it's hard for them to determine if Rowland is still in the bar.

A man dressed in a dark suit approaches them wearing a smirk on his face. "Mr. Richard and Chace Braxton?" He questions. They both nod their heads. "Come with me." They exchange glances deciding to follow the man. He escorts them to a table with three chairs in the back of the bar. One chair is already occupied by Rowland Preston taking a sip of scotch. Chace and his father take a seat in each of the other chairs. A waiter suddenly appears they also order scotch.

"I understand congratulations are in order Chace, you and the younger Cameron sister are engaged is that correct?"

"Yes sir, we are engaged." Chace says taking his drink from the waiter. It's difficult for him to have this conversation with Mr. Preston having dated Sharna so many years ago.

"We are not here for pleasure Rowland, you know that. Say whatever it is you need to say to us." Richard cuts right to it not wanting Rowland to have any incite on any of his family members."

"Always to the point aren't you Richard? Understandable because of the circumstances so here it is. Discontinue your search for Aiden Layton and tell Monique Cameron to plead guilty on the manslaughter charge for Gavin. I'll get all other charges against her to disappear, she'll only serve a couple of years, a year at the most." He finishes his scotch in one gulp sitting his glass on the table.

Chace is shaking his head already finishing his own drink, he slams it on the table and stands up. "Let's go dad, no deal Rowland." Chace waits for his father to stand.

"Wait, Richard tell your son this is the best deal for the Cameron girl. You know I can get this done." Rowland stands up with them turning to Richard.

"So can our attorney, you think we are stupid Rowland? Emilio can get most of the shit she's in pleaded down. She shouldn't have to serve time for this.   Now I don't give a damn if Aiden is dead or alive but I'm guessing he's still alive for one reason only.  Aiden must have the video of what happened on that veranda when Gavin Rosedale died? We want no part of what you're doing, were leaving. Chace, let's go."

"Why are you being so difficult over this she's my daughter? She's been hurt enough over this. It's my job to protect her."

"You're right Rowland that is a father's job to protect his children but it starts while their still in the womb. Monique Cameron is going to pay for her mistakes not yours and your families. You and yours need to decide how to deal with what you have done." Richard raises his arms up to cup Chace around his neck moving his son further away. "We're leaving Rowland."

Chace is in the shower the next morning when Rylie is waken by his phone ringing. She gets up looking for something to cover her naked body. She grabs Chace's shirt from the floor putting it on. He wasted no time when he got home from his meeting with Rowland and his father last night. He didn't want to talk about it he told her. All he wanted was her. Picking her up bridal style he carried her up the stairs, removed all of her clothing and his then picked her up again and put her in their bed climbing on top of her. She fell in love with him all over again last night, he wanted her so bad but he also had a lot of concern for the baby.

The phone shows the caller is Jayson. Rylie rushes in the shower opening the shower door. She shows the phone to him. He takes it from her coming out of the shower. She grabs him a towel wrapping it around him then follows him into their bedroom. She's picking up their clothes off the floor when she hears Chace say to Jayson they will do the meet now.   After he finishes the call Chace tries to call Jackson twice but there's no answer.