「Phase 26」Famous ☆ Idol Part One

Start from the beginning

Tsubaki nodded. "It is."

"I can't wait to see everyone again - I've missed all of my fans here," the Silver Wing continued, "thank you for all of your support!"

"Before you go, any last words?"

"To some of the viewers out there, I'll be visiting somewhere special on a special day soon. I can't wait to meet you all."

The host smiled. "I'm sure they're all excited. Thank you for your time, Silver Wing-chan, and happy early birthday!"

"Thank you very much."

Hinata turned the programme off. "Somewhere special; I wonder where that is."

"Maybe the mall?" Mai suggested. "Or the park she used to play at when she was younger. Or... her old school?"

"I'm not sure," Tsubaki muttered. She considered herself an expert when it came to the Silver Wing; her biggest fan even! Yet she had no clue about any of this.

It was... frustrating, to say the least.

"Well..." Hinata picked her phone up again, "I'm going to look for auditions."

"Oh, I'll join you," Mai said, taking out her phone, "I don't have anything lined up for the next week, after all."

"Me neither~"

Meanwhile, Tsubaki continued to zone out, her head replaying that interview and trying to figure out what everything she said had meant. Why hadn't she said anything?! Why didn't she know?!

Ping.

Tsubaki's eyes widened; her heart began to race. Even if she was late, Tsubaki wouldn't mind if this was some kind of message about everything, but her spirits quickly deflated. For whatever reason, the headmistress was requesting her. With a sigh, Tsubaki picked up her bag and made her way to the office, ignoring the confused glances from her two best friends.

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

Tsubaki walked out of class, playing with her loose strand of hair. Twirling it around and around, thinking about everything... she perfectly understood why the headmistress thought this would be a good idea, and it was a chance to finally prove herself. She just wasn't sure if she was ready. If she'd ever be ready.

"Tsubaki!!!" A familiar voice cried out, causing Tsubaki to sigh fondly. She stopped playing with her hair and turned to face the source of the sound. Hinata was speed-walking down the corridor, dragging Mai along behind her.

"What do you want?" Tsubaki asked, unintentionally coming off colder than planned.

"We're joining a duo audition together, to be image girls of a jewellery brand. The audition requires that we wear Prism Tiara coords, so I will gift you the rare experience of having me ask you for help!"

"I suppose I can help with that," Tsubaki said. Freeing herself from Hinata, Mai smiled brightly at Tsubaki. Then, it faltered.

"Is something wrong?" She asked, causing Tsubaki's eyes to dart to the ground.

"It's complicated." She paused, debating whether it'd be worth it to tell the truth. Eventually, she settled on yes. "You know what Tsubasa said earlier? Somewhere special on a special day?"

"Did you figure out what she meant?"

"Yeah. Somewhere special on a special day. Celestial Academy on her birthday. Guess who they want to perform for her?"

Mai's face lit up once again. "I'm so happy for you!"

Tsubaki raised an eyebrow. "You are?"

"I am! You get to show her just how bright you shine. That's an amazing chance!"