Chapter 71

~~~Magnolia~~~

It's about a month after the pregnancy test insident. I wasnt pregnant, like i knew i wasn't. Jaden and the rest of the guys came back two days after my stay at the hype house and Jaden was quick to explain everything once more.

As much as i wanted to be a cold bitch with great self respect, i realized it was dumb concidering the fact that his explanation was detailed and backed up by others around them. But i couldnt help and be slightly distanced from Jaden, not for long but enough for him to get the message that the next time something like this happened, it would be over.

The first few nights i slept in Josh's room, but a few days later i moved back to "my own".

"You good?" asked Kio as he sat down next to me on the couch, "Hm? oh... yeah in fine" i said when i felt myself come back of some sort of day dream. "alright whatever you say" he continued, odviously suspicious. I dozze d off again seconds after though. I couldnt help but recall Natalia's words.... I needed to get back on track. I have to go to college, this social media nonsense isnt going to last forever, and i'm going to college, i just dont know which yet.

I pulled myself back to my current reality and stood up, "Im gonna grab something to eat, do you want anything?" I asked Kio as i put on my shoes. "No thanks im fine" he said turning back to the TV. I nodded and headed upstairs to ask the others, "Y'all want anything to eat, im gonna go grab a bite somewhere" i said leaning on the door frame of the room where the guys were gaming. "Uhh no thanks" most of them said, "Ill go with you" Jaden spoke up, at first i wanted to say no, that i needed some time to myself but i didnt.

"Yeah alright" i said turning a heel and back down the stairs. I grabbed my car keys and opened the door waiting for Jaden. "Comin' hold up" he said jumping to put his shoes on. I walked to my car as Jaden closed the front door. It was quite cool for even early July. I open the door and sit in the drivers seat, started the car and checked that i had everything.... including a mask as the pandemic was not over.

"Alright so where are we going?" i ask Jaden as she puts on his seatbelt. "I dont know, driver's choice" he says, "No.... the music is the driver's choice" i follow, "Alright alright fine, Mcdonalds?" he asks, i nod and start backing up. "You know, the more i drive down here, i have less of a clue on how you walked through bel-air a few months back" Jaden said, breaking the silence. "I dont know either" i added, not really in the mood to talk.

"Listen, i've been meaning to ask you something." he says, and i gesture him to continue, "Right so, you know how we're constantly on and off and stuff",
"yeah..."
"Well, i know this is gonna sound completely unrealistic considering our age and stuff but.... what if we got married?" he said looking straight at me. I stepped on the brakes so hard that the car stopped dead in its tracks. "Jaden what-" i blurred out in tremendous shock, "I know, we're still young but what's gonna stop u-" he tried to continue but i cut him off.

"Jaden, i still need to go to college, you need to focus on your career and getting married at the moment sounds absolutely ridiculous you're aware of that right-" i said slightly shaking without even looking at him. "I know, but it's not like we're gonna have children,  you can still go to collegeand i can still continue with my music, its not like im gonna lock you at sway" he continued. "Jaden i-..... I sent my college application to 2 school, both of them accepted me. Which ever school i pick im starting it in September. I dont know if i wanna get married just yet, i mean if i get married i-" i tried to continue but he cut me off this time, "You wont be living it at your most, cause you will have to worry about me" he said slightly disappointed.

"What no its not that, i still wanna be with you Jaden, im absolutely nuts about you, but marriage seems so big right now and its.... scary. As if the term itself carried tons with it." i said, "Im not ready for that."

"Mags, its fine i understand" he said with a smile which calmed by worries. "I promise.... that if you ask me after college, ill say yes" i said with a smile that wasnt there seconds ago, its not him at all. For fucks sake, i live him and it's undeniable but i'm not ready to get married, that's insane.

"I will, but anyway what are the schools?" he asked, "Berkeley and Standford, i aimed high" i said, his eyes widened, "You got accepted into both?!! But like what are you going to study?!!" he asked, shocked but odviously happy for me. "Psychology.... four years, then i'd be doing criminology afterwards, making it six years" i said, the only person who knew about my goals for college was Natalia. "Th-That's awesome!!" he added, "Yeah"....

We came back to sway after a bit of a quiet ride there and back. I was still thinking abiut his proposal.... It was.... big.... insane.... a lot. But i could still feel butterflies when the thought popped in my head.... I want to marry him. But i have bigger things to do before....