Chapter 18

~~~Jaden~~~

I haven't talked to Madison in the longest time. We were now back at the hotel and everyone was hanging out at a room, I, on the other hand, I was at the edge of the lighted up pool, admiring the shimmer of the water under the influence of the tiny light bulbs on the walls. Negativity left my body, leaving room for comfort, as the cold water brushed against my legs. My finger hovered just above her contact while I debated whether or not I should press it. I deliberately pressed the little phone icon on the screen and waited a few rings for her to pick up.

She was like my therapist, if I ever feel down, she will be there for me. There isn't a problem she can't help with. She would have helped a lot, during the coma, especially when Mags slept with Anthony, is there something he has that I don't? Am I less than Anthony, out of all people, why Anthony? Why did this happen to me?! Out of all of us, i'd say i'm the one with the least capacities to get myself out of shit. Why not Griffin?! God or even Josh? No it had to be me. And why Magnolia? Fuck Magnolia, fuck the fact that I love her! Fuck the fact that I can't live without her!

"hello? Jaden?"

"Madison... Long time no talk." I sounded between sad and emotionless.

"tell me about it. What do you want Jaden. Look you're my friends but you only call me when you need something and let me tell you one thing I'm sick of it!" she spat, and I plead guilty for it.

"Madison wait! I'm sorry and I'll make it up to you but I need help... Advice, precisely."

"Go to your girlfriend leave me alone." ouch, Madison was the last person I thought i'd be hearing that from.

"We broke up." Silence. It actually was disturbing.

"oh, what is it Jaden? Why now?"

"I met a girl..."

"of course you did."

"listen, this girl well she's different, I met her during my coma as strange as that sounds."

"And how do you now she's real?"

"Because I met her today. And so did the rest. But I fucked put even if it still seems like the right thing to do."

"how does that even work? You know what I don't want to know. You're coming to New York next right?"

"Yeah." And to Jericho exactly.

"Come see me and we'll talk, I have to go now." And with that she hung up, not letting me say anything else. I'm left there, phone in hand, still near my ear, and no words left to be spoken.

As I procrastinated getting up and get ready to go to sleep, a cold hand laid on my shoulder, sending shivers down my spine and forming goosebumps on my skin. I slightly turn around expecting one of the guys, only to find Cynthia. "Are you okay?" she asked, well honestly, do I look fine? "I could be better, but i'm holding on" it was an honest reply, the most honest one yet. "I know you kind of quit but I brought my stash, if you know feel like it." To smoke. It was something that hadn't crossed my mind, it could help. And I haven't been high in a long time, I miss the feeling of it. "Aren't you a little young for that?" I asked, considering she's just 15. "Oh shut up, take it or leave it, I'm gonna smoke, if you care enough. Join if not don't I don't really care." Ouch, but yes I'll very much gladly join. 

I stood up, pulling down my sweats since i had my legs submerged in water just seconds ago. I followed Cynthia to the room she shared with Brooke. It probably looked fucked up to an outsider, to see a 19 year old male follow a 15 year old into her room, but no it's not what it looks like. 

She dug through her suit case and pulled out a little box, which i'm assuming is her stash. How did she get away with this? She takes out a small aluminium foil looking packet and quickly put it in her pocket. Followed by a zip-lock bag with the business in it and a lighter. How the fuck did she get this? She starts walking towards the balcony. "Where's Brooke?" I asked, won't she like come and randomly see me and Cynthia like smocking and possibly tell the others. "Don't worry about her, she's with the guys, and we know they won't stop talking until about 2 am." Fair enough. She rolls one, lights it up and takes a big hit, passing it to me. We sat on the balcony, on about the 12th floor,legs criss-crossed and facing each other. About 15 minutes later of talking and passing each other the blunt, we were both pretty much stoned. I have never smocked with a 15 year old and let me tell you I never really planned on doing it, but here we are. 

Cynthia went to take another hit, "Cynthia, I think it's enough." I said, I sounded funny, but still serious, "Fine, mood killer much." She giggled after saying the last part and I couldn't help but giggle too. She put it out and put it away. We walked back inside and sat on her bed, in silence, but it wasn't awkward. Soon enough I looked at her and noticed she was looking too, she started leaning in but I wasn't really in tho moment so I didn't move away, I let it happen, and kissed back. What. Am. I. Doing. She climbed on top of me and tried to push me on the bed btu I held her back and pulled away, "Cynthia, you're high, you don't actually want this." I said, I was high too but I knew I wasn't about to have sex with a 15 year old, It's fucking illegal. "Yes I do." Bitch let me tell you, you're not ready for me. "Cynthia, it's illegal, I could catch a case for it." Very true. "But what If I wanted it?" she won't give up will she. "I'm sorry but I have to go..."