Chapter 27

~~~Magnolia~~~

We finished eating and went back to the hype house so I could pick up my bags to go home, Chase offered to walk me but I refused, I wanted me time. To figure things out, sort out my feelings, prepare for school, basically put myself back on track. I need a break from the outside world. Spend time with my aunt the last days of summer break.

I'm currently in my room, cleaning while listen to some music. I think while folding my laundry. Do I like Nick, Tony or do I really like Jaden? Tony was just a fling, it hurt me to see him with Addison sure, but he makes her happy and vise versa. And that's all I want, for my friends to be happy... Chase, I don't even know what that was, like, I don't feel anything towards him specifically, I look up to him a lot, but as a friend figure. If I could take it all back I would, trust me. Nick, he's a great guy, and I really like him but I don't know him enough to have feelings towards him, yet at least. When I filmed the tiktok with him, not the one to "Myron" no, the one with the sound "FRIENDS", I was nervous but they weren't butterflies, at least not yet once again. Now the million dollar question, Jaden... I don't like him, I fucking love him, and I hate it. Once you truly love someone you don't just fall out of love that easily. His voice still gives me butterflies and his presence itself has an intense effect on me. Ugh! I hate it, I keep on saying it over and over because it's true, I hate that I love him! 

Soon enough my laundry was folded and put away, how long has it been?! I change my sheets and bedding, and dust around the room as I put away anything that isn't in place, the best part of all of this, not only do I have a clean room now, it's only been one hour and a half. I go down stairs to broom a bit and settle everything so it's nice and clean when my aunt comes back. How will Charli react if she finds out? I'm a whore, ain't I? How can a single hour change so much? I will never forgive myself. I wouldn't be where I am right now if it wasn't for her, in terms of social media. I owe her so much and yet that is what I do?! I'm a horrible friends! What if I could take it back?! No that's impossible. Think of something else Magnolia, something positive! 

School is starting soon. That's positive?! What is going on in your mind Magnolia?! You know what, it's better than what I was thinking about earlier... I need to go back to school shopping, I need supplies. I could go tomorrow. My thoughts and cleaning is interrupted by the loud music stopping, I turn around, there was no one there. huh? I turn around as panic fills my body, what the fuck! I decide to check the speaker, maybe the battery just ran out, it's fine, let's not jump to conclusions, the house is not haunted. The batteries are fine, yes, now you can freak out. 

I look around once again, desperately hoping for something to show up yet praying no one is with me, I just want an explanation! Suddenly two hands cover my eyes, I try too scream but I was in shock causing nothing to come out. I turn around and... Payton?! How the hell did he get here, this fucker almost gave me a heart attack! "Fuck you Payton! I almost died!" I say, rather loudly. He just laugh, I roll my eyes and continue putting the pillows in place. "How did you even get here? Not what I mean, How the fuck did you get in?!" I ask, now putting the picture frames properly. "Well hello, yeah I missed you so much too! And backdoor" I chuckle, "Hi Payton Moormeier, yes I missed you a lot" I say as I go in for a hug. He lifts me up  bit and swings me around, if that makes sence. "What brings you here Moormeier?" I ask, heading towards the kitchen to begin cooking dinner.

 "Well I wanted to visit my favorite girl before I go back to North Carolina." I look at him, and smile. "And you're my favorite boy" he chuckles, "When are you going back?" I ask, "Tomorrow night" I nod, as I go through the fridge for ingredients for a meet mash pie and contemplating whether to ask him to stay over or not. "Wanna stay over?" I ask, here goes nothing, "I mean sure.. but I don't have clothes" I look at him as I think, "I can give you one of Mason's sweats and hoodies or shirts, he always leaves clothes here in case." He nods, smiles and comes over to me, bringing his sleeves up and washing his hands. "How can I help?" I smile once again and clap my hands together, let's get this started! "Okay so, there are cut potatoes in the fridge, take those and put them in the big pot over there," I said as I pointed to each thing, meanwhile I cut some garlic and onions on a wood cutting board.

He does as I tell him then nods when he's done, "Okay, fill the pot with water and add a teaspoon of salt to it, put it on the stove on medium heat," I say, putting some garlic aside for the mash potato then putting the rest of it and the onions in a bowl to mix with the meat. He nods once more, I put the garlic in. "Now we wait for ten to twelve minutes" I say, then walk back to my cooking station, I mix the meat, onions, garlic, olive oil, and egg with a wooden spoon and Payton leans on the counter, "So how was tour?" I ask him, "It was fine, well at the beginning Anthony and Jaden had a big argument but then things settled down.." what? why? "Why, how so?" I ask, extremely curious.

 "Well one night, Jaden came to the room high after quitting and Anthony got mad, yeah that day he slept in the bathtub..." We both chuckle, "Then the next day, when we arrive to new york, Anthony wasn't in the room with us but he barges in, and grabs Jaden by the collar and screams t him, one, because he thought he slept with a fifteen year old and two, because he thought that was the reason why you weren't eating or replying to anyone." He frowns at the end. And I just stand there, Jaden almost slept with a fifteen year old...? Cynthia? What. The. Actual. Fuck. I shake it off, and focus on cooking, "oh, well other than that,was it good?" I ask, turning on the stove and putting some olive oil and onion in it. "Yeah, it was great!" He says, excitingly, which makes me smile. I add the meat mix and start moving it around so it doesn't burn. I look over and see Payton vibing to nonexistent music, which was hilarious. I burst out laughing and he pouts, making me laugh even more. I walk over to the speaker and turn it on. 

I come back to the kitchen, "Can you drain the potatoes please?" I ask him, "For sure, ma' lady" he says, I cover the milk and take out some milk, butter and cheddar cheese from the fridge and a bowl from the cupboard. "Can you mash the potatoes now please? I feel weird just asking you to do things." I say, speaking the truth. He chuckles for like the thirtieth time this hour, "Don't, it's the least I can do after almost causing you a stroke" He smirks, true, really true! 

We finish making dinner and put the ending result in the oven so the heat remains for longer. Payton and I screamed the lyrics of the songs that came on and danced like little kids, believe it or not it felt like noone else existed and all my problems faded away. 

We plop on my couch and turn on Netflix while we wait for my aunt, "Wait, lets go shower and change first." I say, so we could be comfortable and just go to sleep afterwards, "Okay, who first?" He asks, "Rock, paper scissors?" I suggest, he won, meaning he would go first, "I'll go get you clothes, Hoodie or shirt?" I ask, "Hoodie" He replies as we go up the stairs, "Word, there are towels in the bathroom and if anything ran out, it's under the sink." I say as we part ways, we walks in the bathroom and I go to my room on Mason's drawer. Yes, he has a drawer in my room, him, Nat and I would have sleepovers weekly if not every three days so yeah, they both have a drawer of their own here. 

"Payt, I got the clothes!" I say from the other side of the door, "Uhhh, can you get in and put them on the counter?" I hope he closed the curtain, well here goes nothing, I walk in and put the clothes on the counter covering my eyes with one hand then quickly try to walk out, but trip and hit the side of the door, it didn't hurt but it was probably hilarious. I start laughing and Payton sticks his head out soon enough joining my laughter. I stand up, "I'll let you be now, I'll shower when you finish" and with that I walk out.

we both showered and now I have some grey sweats and a loose maroon and black crop top. I put the table, so when my aunt came back we would only have to heat up the food and eat, then cuddled to payton as we watched "I am not okay with this" a new Netflix series. 

I get a call, I check the Id user and it was my aunt, I wonder where she is, she should have been here by now. "Hi Lyss what's up?" I ask, "Hey honey, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, I'm sorry for not telling you earlier but I'm staying two more days, so please go bts shopping without me." If you don't know, bts means back to school. "Oh yeah that's completely fine, take care, and yes I'm doing just fine, Payton is staying the night before he goes back to NC so yeah I'll be fine." I reply, "Oh okay Mags, have fun, but not too much fun if you know what I mean, use protec-" I cut her off, "Yeah yeah! Don't worry but that's not what's going on, IFLY" I say chuckling, "IFLY" she replies and hangs up.

"What's up?" Payton asks, "Well we got the house to ourselves." I say as I sit back down on the couch. "Sounds like fun..."