Chpt. 19- The Real Date

3rd July
Friday
20:29

Hoseok's pov 🐰

Friday. It was finally Friday. After what was probably the longest week of my life, the dreadful weekdays were over. But today isn't just any normal Friday, no, today is my first date with Hyungwon, which is why I'm thrilled that schools over for the week. Well I mean, it's also because I don't like that place anyway.

It's been more than a month since the kiss, we've been acting as usual and hanging out together with our unsuspecting friends, when we're not busy with school work that is. We're not full-on dating yet but baby steps, I hope we can progress soon since our hectic schedules have prevented any advances.

I checked myself out in the mirror, my hair was a bit ruffled and I was wearing a denim jacket over my white shirt, paired with black jeans.

Looking good.

After I was sure I looked decent, I was getting ready to leave my house to pick up my date. Much to my surprise, when I opened the door I was met with a startled Hyungwon with his fist raised, as if ready to knock on the door that was now open.

I was caught off guard by his beauty, wearing a turtleneck and a loose, light yellow shirt on top of it, as well as black leggings that showed off his slim, long legs. He coughed and I quickly took my eyes off his legs, blushing from getting caught staring.
"You-Uh-You look pretty" I managed to choke out.

Damn me for being a stuttering mess.

"You don't look half bad either" he cockily replied.
"Well then, are you ready to go?"
He nodded and then we set off to our destination.

Our first stop was at the mall, where we were going to see a movie. The last time I went to see a movie it ended with me feeling heartbroken. Now that I actually think about it, I realised that my mini crush on Minhyuk was not even a crush to begin with. That feeling of jealousy was unleashed thanks to his arrival, I can't believe I was so stupid as to not even realise my own feelings towards my best friend. Though I felt pretty bad for Minhyuk as he had confessed to me about liking Hyungwon and I'm currently out on a date with said boy. I shook away the guilt, trying not to think about it.

I eyed the black poster with a creepy font for the title of the movie and an unsettling looking creature at the corner of the page, hoping that Hyungwon wouldn't choose that as the movie we were gonna watch.

"Seokkie, is there any movies you haven't watched yet?"
I thought for a moment and looked at all the screenings.
"Hmm...I've seen practically all of the good ones that have come out so far" I answered nonchalantly.
"Ugh, so have I. What shall we watch them?"

Hyungwon's eyes wandered around the room before stopping at something.
"How about that?" He asked pointing at the poster from before.

Dammit.

"U-uh, yeah sure!"
"You don't have to force yourself, I know how much you hate horror movies" Hyungwon said sincerely, making my heart skip a beat.
"Pfft, I'll be fine. That's nothing for me" I said confidently, while walking up to the counter to buy the tickets.
The closer I got, the more my legs began to feel weak and the more I felt like my energy was being sucked out of me.

The movie started with a black screen and creepy music, from that point on, any courage that I had had was crushed into smithereens. For the majority of the film I had my eyes closed but the sound effects still caused me to jolt.