Chpt. 6 - Where Is He?

March 2nd
Monday
19:58

Hoseok's pov 🐰

"I like Minhyuk"
Hyungwon's smile had disappeared, replaced with a stoic expression.
"O-oh, I see" he said so quietly that I barely managed hear him, he cleared his throat before speaking again.

We talked about my sexuality, which I was still unsure of. Hyungwon just stared at me with that same unreadable expression, I was worried that he would think badly of me now. I decided to tell Hyungwon because I knew he wouldn't judge me and would understand, but his silence made me think otherwise.

"Do you not want to be friends anymore?"
"No you idiot! Of course I'll still be your friend, that's the stupidest question I've ever heard. You think I'll just ditch you because you like a guy?"
His voice was loud and I was sure he was angry, he had never been this mad at me, ever.

"I know but I was scared, I can't lose you".
When I told him this he seemed sad, he then quickly got up.
"A-ah, I forgot I had to help my mum with something! You can drive home, I'll just take the bus",
Then he rushed off without a goodbye, not even looking back. I could tell he was lying but I couldn't stop him in time.

Did I do something wrong?

I paid for the meal and left the restaurant alone. I felt like a heavy weight was pulling me down. When I stopped at a red light I swore I saw a familiar figure out in the rain, on the ground, with his face covered and crying? I couldn't get a closer look as the light turned back green so I just pushed the event out my mind and when I had reached home, I was too tired to do anything but sleep.

☆*:.。. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓝𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓓𝓪𝔂 .。.:*☆

"Hoseok get up, you're going to be late for school!! I'm off to work, love you" my mum shouted at me from downstairs.
I groaned and slowly got up, I couldn't fall asleep and by the time I finally had some shut eye it was already 4 in the morning.

I didn't really really care if I was late so I took my time getting ready, after all, it's not the first time I was late. Once I had finished my slice of bread I got into my car and peeked at my neighbours front yard, Hyungwon's mother's car wasn't there so that must've meant she's already left for work. Also meaning Hyungwon is probably at school already, at least that's what I thought.

When I had finished writing up my excuse as to why I was late at the office it was already near break time. I walked in my math class halfway through my teachers lecture, expecting my best friend to be next to my desk and scold me for my tardiness, but I was only met with an empty seat.

Many blocks went by and still no sign of the brown haired boy, I sighed as I sat beside my friends for lunch. I had no appetite but I forced myself to eat because I didn't feel like talking either. Only when someone directly spoke to me did I stop to pay attention to their words.

"Hey Hoseok, do you know where Hyungwon is?" Asked the blonde male.
"Um, no sorry" I replied, not really knowing how to talk to the other.
"Ah I thought you would know since you're his best friend and all"
I kept quiet.

"Aren't you worried at all about him?" Minhyuk huffed out.
"Of course I am! But I think he's avoiding me..."
"Wait seriously?!"
I shrugged not really wanting to say anything more.
"Sorry I seemed a bit harsh, I know you'd be worried about him. You're his best friend after all" Minhyuk gave me an apologetic smile.

I felt like I was missing a part of me when Hyungwon wasn't here, he was like my other half, we even got called soulmates. Not in a romantic way obviously. Ignoring my sadness, I decided to take this opportunity to get closer to Minhyuk, maybe I could get him to start getting interested in me.

•••

The rest of the week was spent getting closer to my crush, and Hyungwon was still missing.
"Minhyuk do you have any plans for tomorrow?" I asked hoping he would say no.
"Nope I'm free all day, why?"
"Wanna go out? The others are busy so I need someone to hang out with"
"Oh so I'm just your backup huh"
"No no that's not what I meant!" I panicked making Minhyuk chuckle.
"I'm joking Hoseok, haha your face was priceless"
His laugh was so mesmerising I could listen to it all day, his whole aura just radiates happy vibes.

"Hoseok? Are you listening?"
I realised I had just been staring at the other and I immediately felt embarrassed.
"What were you saying?"
"I asked where you wanted to meet up?"

After getting the other boy's number, I felt a little happier. When I reached home it was quiet, a sign that my mum was still at work. That night I got a call from my mother who told me that she wouldn't be home today because the hospital needed her for night shift, which she agreed to for the pay. She apologised for not being able to make dinner, telling me I can just order something.

I felt bad for my mother, working as a nurse must be really hard work. I thought about going over to the Chae's but decided against it because I was sure Hyungwon was mad at me, maybe that's why he hasn't been coming to school. The thought saddens me but I push it away and order some food.

I was getting ready to meet Minhyuk and was about to leave but I was stopped by Hyungwon's mum, at the front door.
"Hello auntie, how are you?"
"I'm fine just in a bit of a rush, do you mind taking care of Hyungwon for me today?"
"Huh why? what wrong with him?"
"Oh he hasn't told you? That's unusual, but he's got a fever and I have to go to work so I hope you don't mind" she said before quickly getting in her car and driving off.

——————

My mood atm, was gonna use an image of this instead of the top picture but it was too funny lol

Will Hoseok choose to take care of Hyungwon and ditch Minhyuk?
Or will he just leave his best friend to take care of himself?
Hmm I wonder~
Also, thank you guys for 200 reads & 30 votes y'all are stars!

Your fav potato over and out~ xxx
˚₊⁎ ✌︎(^з^)~⁎⁺˳