Chpt. 3 - Rooftop Hideout

March 2nd
Monday
10:10

Hyungwon's pov 🐢

The bell rang and I saw Hoseok hurry out the room, I took my time to pack while Minhyuk waited for me. We left the room and Minhyuk was about to go after the two figures we knew through the halls, before stopping and realising that I was going the other direction. He quickly rushed back to me and threw me a curious look.
"I don't sit with the others at break, Hoseok and his friends are pretty popular here and I don't really like crowds so I only join them at lunch" I nonchalantly answered the question he had in his mind.
Minhyuk just made an "oh" sound and continued walking beside me.
"If you want you can join the others, I don't want to feel like I'm forcing you there" I told him, a bit worried he would rather be with the others and I'm not letting him.
"No I want to be with you! Unless you don't want me to be, then I'll just lea-"
"I do want you here!" Realising I cut him off a bit too loudly I blushed but continued my sentence,
"I-it's just not a lot of people actually want to hang out with me, unless it's my friends"
"But I thought we were friends" Minhyuk pouted.
"I didn't mean that I just- you know what forget it" I couldn't help but be flustered, Minhyuk just chuckled at my response.
"Where exactly are we going?"
"You'll see soon enough"

We got to the top of the stairs and headed to the only door in front of us pushing it open, I stepped out taking a breath as cool air hit my face.
"Is this the roof? The view looks so nice from up here...wait are we even allowed to be here?!"
I laughed at how his expression changed from awe to worried in a matter of seconds. After I calmed down I explained to him.
"Basically I'm in charge of looking after the place, the headmaster lets me as long as I clean up any mess. The rooftop is actually available for everyone"
"Wow, but it's usually just you here?"
I just nodded taking a seat at the end of the roof leaning on the fence that was there to boarder the edge.
"This is like my secret getaway, no one else comes up here so I get my peace"
Minhyuk fell silent before asking,
"Is it ok that you showed me such an important place to you?"
"Well besides me and Hoseok, no one knows about this place and I don't know why but I trust you. I've never made friends with someone this quickly and easily so I suppose that's why" I gave him a small smile which he returned before jumping on top of me for a hug.
"Thank you" he mumbled "I'll make sure to be a great friend that deserves an angel like you~"

We stayed like that for a while before the bell rung, signalling the end of break. We ran down the stairs and once we reached the bottom, Minhyuk hugged me again before we had to part ways for different classes. My next block was spent arguing with a certain hamster on whether Istanbul was in Europe or Asia. The other two blocks of double chemistry afterwards were pretty much a mess. We had a practical on the second block and while I was fetching some beakers, Minhyuk had somehow accidentally spilt his water bottle, which was not even meant to be out in a science classroom, onto the sodium strips on our desk causing a small explosion and sparks to fly everywhere. Needless to say we got into trouble and had to stay behind at lunch to clean up.

Minhyuk just kept on apologising and told me to just wait for him to finish cleaning up but I wouldn't let him do it alone,
"It will be easier and quicker if we both cleaned up together"
"But it won't be fair on you, it's my mess after all..." Minhyuk replies apologetically,
"I don't mind, we're friends after all and I want to get lunch soon so waiting around won't make my hunger go away" I gave the other a reassuring smile to which they returned.
It didn't take long to finish up and when we did, Minhyuk apologised to the teacher once more before we headed to the cafeteria for some grub.

We approached my friends and I spoke up while taking a seat, making them all turn towards us.
"Um, hey guys"
"Hey hyung" two voices answered in unison while Hyunwoo nodded at us.
"Looks like a puppy brought us a stick" Kihyun remarked making me scoff,
"For such a tiny hamster you sure have a big mouth, I wonder if you traded your height for-" I was cut off when Kihyun smacked me.
He turned to Minhyuk and asked,
"Anyway what are you doing with frog-face?" Making Minhyuk giggle.
"We're basically best friends now!" He replied, beaming rays of light.
"Wait you two know each other?" I asked to which Minhyuk replied
"We're in the same homeroom" I made an "oh" before introducing the two who were a year below us.
Jooheon and Minhyuk got along well right away, which wasn't a surprise to me.

Everyone was having their own conversations, everyone except Hoseok. I saw him just sitting there staring at his half eaten meal.
"Hey Hoseok, are you ok?" I asked worry lacing my voice.
He snapped back from his thoughts and just looked at me with a small smile.
"Yeah, I just have a lot of things on my mind"
"Care to elaborate?" I raised my eyebrow, waiting for his response.
"It's probably about his girlfriend" Changkyun answered, making me furrow my brows.
"What about her?"
"You haven't told him yet?" Shownu asked Hoseok, a bit shocked.
Before I could get an answer the bell rang and students started making their way back to classes. I said my goodbyes to my friends and an especially clingy Minhyuk who wished we were in the same math set. I was about to head to my next class with Hoseok but Minhyuk stopped me since he had realised we haven't exchanged numbers yet. Then I walked to my math classroom alone since Hoseok hadn't waited for me.

I took a seat next to Hoseok and slammed my stuff on the desk, causing him to get startled.
"What the hell!?" Hoseok looked at me confused.
"Why did you leave me, couldn't you have waited?"
"Just because I left you doesn't mean you have to scare me half to death! Plus I thought you were still beside me".
The teacher came in before I could say anything more, so I just turned my attention to the board.
"Sorry Wonnie, I didn't mean it"
I kept quiet making him sigh.
"I'll treat you to some pork ribs from your favourite restaurant"
I quickly turned my head to face him with a grin.
"Promise?" I held out my pinky,
"Promise" he brought out his own pinky and we linked them together.
I know it's childish but I like using this method to keep our promises, it makes me feel more at ease. I focused back on my teacher but with a lighter feeling in my heart, I must be really excited for those pork ribs.

——————
I'm gonna update twice a week now, yay!
Since it's the holidays and I no longer have to do hw for school, I have more time to write.
This chapter makes events seem to be fast but the story is still going nowhere lol.
But I wonder how Wonnie will react to the news about Hoseok and his girlfriend~

Your fav potato over and out~ xxx
˚₊⁎ ✌︎(^з^)~⁎⁺˳