Yours Truly, Emily (Luke)

A/N: I almost cried writing this YALL enjoy it haha 😆 leave your thoughts in the comments below! Don't forget to vote and follow me on Instagram at @phxntomgrl for more JATP content!

You smiled as Julie played the piano while you sang. Luke's birthday was coming up soon, and you wanted to surprise him. Every year he is upset because he always visits his parents and he just remembers the mistakes he had made before he died. But this time, you wanted it to be the best birthday ever for him. So you had went out of your way to give him a present he never thought possible, a song from his mom.
You had become close with Luke's parents, because they were good friends with your dad, so you got to see them frequently. Of course, Luke didn't know this, and you had done a pretty good job of keeping it that way so far. You had heard plenty of stories from Luke's mom about when he was a baby and all the silly things he used to do. She had written letters that she always wanted to send to him, but never got the courage to. Once she knew you were in a band with Julie she wanted you to write a song for him, so of course you accepted. She had no idea he was a ghost, but somehow it was timed just right. So there she was now, with Julie, writing the song like she had asked.
"Okay that's great. What if we change the lyrics from 'He said, she said, conversations in my head' to 'he left, he's dead, those words replayed in my head, and that's just where they're gonna stay foreverrrr.'" Y/N spoke. Julie smiled and nodded her head. You guys had a few final touch ups, but you guys eventually got the song done. You both froze when you heard the boys outside the room. You quickly tossed Julie the notebook and she shoved it under her pillow. The boys walked in and smiled at you both.
"Hello ladies." Reggie spoke, wigglign his eyebrows playfully. You chuckled and laid back on the bed, resting your feet on Julie's lap as she sat criss-crossed.
"So, us boys convinced Luke to actually let us throw him a birthday party this year. Obviously it just gonna be us, but still, its better than nothing, am I right?" Alex spoke. Everyone smiled and nodded. Luke just shrugged his shoulder and slightly smiled.
"I figure it's time I stop moping around. I got a second chance, so why am I just sitting around crying." Luke told Julie, making Julie glance at you and smile. You smiled briefly too before you spoke.
"This is perfect, because I have a birthday present that you're going to love." You told Luke, making him smile at you.
"Y/N, you don't need to get me anythingggggg." He whined before you shushed him and smirked.
"I want Luke. And it's already here so it's too late to change it now." She told him, making him sigh as the boys laughed. Everyone quickly went downstairs, and you all met in the garage to practice.

----------

-time skip to Luke's birthday-

You felt your hands shaking in nervousness as you and the guys all sat in the garage. You, Julie, and Flynn were eating cake while the boys and Willie all chatted with each other. Julie finished eating and looked at you.
"Are you ready to do the song?" She asked you. You took a deep breath and nodded. She grinned from ear to ear. She stood up.
"Okay boys, Y/N is ready to share her present with Luke." Julie told them. Y/N grabbed her notebook, walking over to the piano. She shook her hands, getting rid of some of the nerves and looked at the boys.
"This, is a very special message for you, that I think you are going to love Luke." You told Luke. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. You started playing, and saw his smile falter for a second as he listened and recognized the tune. Reggie, Alex, and Willie looked at each other surprised. Julie and Flynn gave you a thumbs up as you started singing.

"First things first
We start the scene in reverse
When our eyes first locked
Still engraved in my mind

When things got loud
I told you to turn it down
I should have been so proud
But all I did was complain, lord knows why

No time, for goodbyes
Didn't get to apologize
Now the pieces of my heart all lie broken"

You glanced up and saw Luke's eyes watering, and so we're the boys'. Julie and Flynn were grinning from ear to ear with tears in their eyes. You saw Alex lean over and give Luke a side hug.

"If I could take us back
If I could just do that
And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
Then maybe god will let you hear me

If you could only know
I wish I hadn't let you go
And the words I most regret
are the ones I said that made you leave"

You felt a few tears fall as you finished the song, singing the final line as you stared into Luke's eyes.

"Yours Truly, Emily"

Once you were done singing you saw Reggie, Willie, and Alex all looked at each other. They glanced over at Julie and Flynn.
"Alright, who wants to go watch Ray? Me!" Flynn lied. Her and Julie ran inside, while the boys all poofed away except for Luke. You stood up, walking over to Luke. You held out the letter Emily had given you for inspiration, and you saw look start bawling his eyes out as he took them. He stood up and hugged you tightly. You were taken back by it, but hugged him back. You rubbed circles on his back as he cried. Eventually the crying stopped and he pulled away, rubbing his eyes. He started reading the letters, and smiled and laughed and just seemed to be having the time of his life reading them. He looked out and leaned forward again, surprising you by giving you a quick peck on the cheek.
"This is the greatest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you Y/N." He spoke, hugging you tightly again. You smiled and hugged him back.
"Don't thank me. Thank Emily."