Heartbreak Girl (Reggie)

"I can't believe you did this to me Y/N?! We've been together since 4th grade. What did I do wrong?" Reggie cried, crouched down on his couch. I looked at him in sadness, but knew I was making the right decision. He was a sweet guy, but he was staying behind to focus on his band, while I'm going off to the best college in California. I got a music scholarship, and it was one I couldn't turn down. My family didn't have the money to put me through college, so there was no other option. I sniffled in sadness. It hurt me seeing how heartbroken he was, but there was no way it would work between us. The distance would be just too much. Our relationship was already strained because of his band, and him expecting me to just refuse the offer to watch him attempt to make a name for himself with his high school band destroyed anything that was holding us together. I sighed as he rubbed his eyes. I held out his leather jacket he had given me during freshman year of high school. He looked at me in disbelief, before waving it off. 

"Just keep it Y/N," He started, before smiling slightly and sniffling, "It looks better on you anyways." My eyes watered at the sight of him. He stood up, leaning in and giving me one last kiss goodbye. I kissed back, holding him as tightly as I could. I loved him with all my heart. And I knew I would never find anyone like him. He was my first love, and he was always going to have a special place in my heart. 

We finally separated, and I turned to walk out of the front door, not looking back as I left his home. 

- - - - - - - - - -

"We're performing at a birthday party tonight? For who, a five year old?" Luke cracked a joke at what Julie had said. Julie shook her head, rolling her eyes. 

"Actually, it's a girl in my grade. It's her sweet 16, and I offered for us to play at her party. It's not like you three can do anything with money anyways." Julie said to the boys. Alex stopped drumming on his leg and looked up at Julie. He pointed a drumstick at her. 

"Hey, that's hurtful. We can't help it that we're dead." Alex replied. Reggie put down his guitar, getting tired of strumming on it for no reason. 

"Does she even want us to play good music? Or is she making us play poppy shit?" Reggie asked. Julie chuckled at his response. 

"She's into boy bands. So I actually was gonna let you guys take the lead tonight." Julie answered. The boys all smiled in excitement. 

"Sweet!"

"Awesome!"

"I call dibs on lead singer!" Reggie yelled. Alex and Luke agreed to his outcry, and Julie smiled at the boys being goofy. 

Reggie's p.o.v.

I plugged my guitar in and finished tuning it up as we were setting up at the birthday party. It actually had a really nice turnout, and the set up wise nice. They had a stage set up in front of the shedhouse on the property and had colored lights and a fog machine hooked up. It made for a euphoric atmosphere, similar to the ones the boys experience during concerts back in their high school years. Julie stood in the back playing as the backup guitarist. 

"You guys ready?" Julie asked. I gave a thumbs up, and so did the boys. Julie cleared her throat and turned her mic on, catching the attention of the crowd. Everyone went silent. Julie smiled nervously at the crowd. 

"I'm Julie, this is Alex, Luke, and Reggie. We're Julie and the Phantoms. We appreciate you guys coming out tonight to help us celebrate Leia's birthday. Let's give a round of cheers to her celebrating her sweet sixteen!" Julie spoke, making the crowd cheer. I saw a girl with ginger hair and fair skin smiling sheepishly from the back of the crowd.