The disappearance

angst

Inspired by @/SaltyPotatoSlicess 

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

"Tommy! Stop lying already!" Wilbur shouted at the 15- year old boy.

"What is wrong with you?" Techno said, not caring how Tommy felt.

Tommy stood in front of them in disbelief. He couldn't believe they were talking to him like this. Tears were slowly filling up his eyes.

"I can't believe you don't believe me!" Tommy said, voice obviously trembling from fear.

"You are such an idiot." Wilbur said before Tommy ran up the strairs to get out the ravine.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

"He will come back, don't worry. He wouldn't leave us like that, he doesn't even know the forest!" Techno said, trying to reasure Wilbur.

He didn't come back. 

It had been 2 weeks since the argument.

It all started after Tommy got accused of trying to betray them. The proof seemed so real, all the times when the boy dissapeared at night now made sense. But Tommy swore it wasn't true.

And he was right. They found out that Tommy wasn't quilty after 3 days.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Wilbur couldn't really sleep anymore.

He felt like everything was his fault. He was the one who believed the lies, and the one who probadly made him leave. He was the reason why Tommy is now dead somewhere in the deep, cold forest.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Another day of searching finally ended with dinner.

At the table were Wilbur, Techno and Tubbo. They were sitting in a uncomfortable silence.

Usually Tommy was the one who started the conversation.

Wilbur was looking at a map of the surrounding of Pogtopia. The map was divided to 6 areas, with a lot of arrows and circles.

Tubbo desided to break the ice: "Wilbur, we need to talk to you."

Wilbur looked up to see Techno and Tubbo looking at him, worried.

"I- i think we should be prepared for the worst, Wilbur. It's great that you think that he's alive but-" Techno got interuppted by Wilbur.

"I know that he's alive!" Wilbur said quickly.

"Excatly. He just, might not be coming back, you know?" Tubbos voice cracked and he quickly looked down.

"Then i will find him." Wilbur said, now looking back at the map.

"Maybe he doesn't want to be found!" Tubbo looked up at Wilbur. He knew Tommy the best, and he was knew, that Tommy woudn't come back if he didn't feel respected. 

Everyone stayed quiet, waiting for a reply, but Wilbur didn't say anything.

Maybe he had known the truth for a long time, but he didn't want to believe it.

Everyone stayed quiet.

"I- i think i should head back now." Tubbo quickly said knowing, that Jschlatt couldn't know about this.

"Do you want to go searhing tomorrow?" Wilbur said.

Tubbo looked at him with sadness: "Wilbur, i think you should move on. We all should."

After Tubbo left, Wilbur rested his face on his arms.

"It's all my fault." Wilbur said quietly, but loud enough so Techno heard.

"No, it's not." Techno replied hugging Wilbur.

Deep down Wilbur knew that he would never forgive himself of what he said and did, but atleast he didn't have to deal with it alone.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Words: 522

I hope you enjoyed this story, it's a little bit shorter than normal but i really liked writing this :)

AND THERE IS 1K READS? Thats actually insane! thank you <3