Chapter 6

Right now we are standing on the beach, looking at the place where Reggies house used to be in.

Used to is the key word.

"A bike shack, right where my house housed to be" I put my hand on his arm in a way to comfort him and he smiles a small smile at me.

"Yeah, I'm sorry man" Luke says giving him some slaps on the chest.

"They made the meyerson's house into a noodle shop, why couldn't they have made mine a pizzeria or something" when he says that I look at him weirdly and say "really? If it was a pizzeria it would have been better?"

He just shakes his head and says "well it would be better than a bike shack, that's for sure"

Alex then says "they tore down the whole neighborhood" I nod looking around not seeing the houses that use to be here when we came to Reggies place.

It's really weird.

"I guess my folks are gone" Alex interrupts Reggie and says "no. Everyone's gone"

Luke goes and seats on a trunk that's laying on the ground and I seat on it next to him as Alex continues

"Twenty-five years, gone, friends, family,Bobby, everyone" I nod my head and say "yesterday I went to my house but there's new people there"

Alex then points at me and says to the guys "see, that's exactly my point"

Reggie then makes a confused face and says "Bobby that's right. I guess that vegetarian lucked out. What do you think happened to him?"

I start to think about it and I just imagine a older man living on his parents basement, playing for himself and his cats. Yep that sounds about right.

He was always the one I liked less in the group.

I'm distracted by my thoughts when Luke says "he probably just got old, like everybody else and moved on"

Alex then turns to Luke and says "Dude, how are you so casual about all of this? Don't you wanna figure out what happened?"

I nod my head and Luke just says "let's be real for a second, it's not like we were that close to our families. My folks always regretted buying me that guitar, Reggie your parents were literally a fight away from a divorce, Alex I... your parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay, and Summer your sister always made you feel bad about yourself, and your dad let her do it, they made you feel left out all the time"

I look down when he says that knowing that it is the truth, but even so they are our parents.

"Ok. None of us had it great. All right, but at least we had something. You know, what do we have now?"

I look at the guys when he says that but he continues "and before you say cool teleportation skills, just know I'm not entirely ok with that either... all right? It tingles" when he says that I make a confuse face and he continues "in weird places..."

Well that's uncomfortable.

I get up and that moment and say "okay Alex, I understand but at least we have each other right? We aren't alone"

Luke gets up after me and says "Summer is right, this is what we had since we came together"

He then gets up on top of the tree trunk and says "we have us, we're the only family we're ever gonna need, and you know what else we have?"

I look at him waiting for what he wants to say but Reggie says "I'm gonna guess death breath" I giggle at that and Luke looks at me with a smile and then Reggie.