Chapter seven

I am so glad its summer already. Jeez...I swear school is stressful  sometimes.

The games were sadly pushed due to some reason unknown to mankind. But the best part about it is that we have summer camp instead. Yessss! My first camp in school with actually teenagers. I'm excited. Beyond excited. But I have two things that are stand in the way of me even going.

1. I have no idea what to pack.
2. My mum.

She hasn't been home for months.  I kind of miss her . Even though she can be a pain in the ass,she's still family.  And family sticks together through thick and thin.

I know if I ask her the immediate answer would be a cold no. But its worth the try. I picked up my  phone from my counter and dialed her number. It rang for a while before she picked up.

" Sweety I'm really busy at the moment can I call you later."  I stayed silent for while,looking down .

" No. You can't call later. You'll disappear for a week. " she signed over the phone and I heard her excuse herself . She must have been in a meeting. Oops.

" What is so important that you can't wait?"

" Well...I'm doing great ,thanks for asking. So there's this camp..."

" No." Dammit!

" Come on mum I can't stay in the house all summer. " I fell back on my bed staring at the ceiling.

" Well you have been doing that since forever . So I don't see the issue here." I rolled my eyes and lifted my feet,kicking them in the air.

" Well now I go to school.  Found new friends learnt new things. Please mum . I'll keep a low profile as usual. There's more to my life than being locked up all day. My therapist and doctor said my health has improved greatly ever since I joined school. Look at that. That there... is progress mama."

She went silent and a sense of hope kicked in.

" I'm still not buying it."

I moved the phone away and silently screamed jumping on the bed.

" If it makes you feel any better, Cameron, Riley and Jasper are going."

She went silent for a long time I got concerned. I was about to speak up but she beat me to it.

" Jasper is there?"

" Yeah .His been here for probably a month or more,we school together. You didn't see him at the party we went to? "

" Apparently not."

I rolled onto my stomach playing with my hair.

" Wait you know him?"

" of course I do. His Cameron's pal. And I was close with his mum."

Mark that word ' was'. I'll do my interrogation later.

" You can go." She said and hung up.

I jumped on my bed excitedly and hoped off.

I ran out of my room looking for Anna.
I met Kevin along the way giving orders to some of the workers. He saw me and ushered them away.

" Good morning  princess. "  He bowed and I followed along .

" Good morning your majesty." I courtesied  and smile up to him.

" What has my beautiful sunflower radiating with happiness this fine morning?"

I covered my mouth and let out a giggle.

" Quite fine it is your majesty. Her majesty granted thy wish of going to camp with me friends ."

He was about to say something  when Anna ran between us making Kevin to trip over a small bush.