chapter five

Third person pov
******************

Casseys' first day in school went well than she expected. After the first part of the day was over, all the anxiety she had bottled up became a mere space filled with more excitement. She didn't want too much attention thus playing it low to avoid much confrontation with anyone. She didn't bother to raise her hand whenever the teacher asked a question. She'd only answer when asked to.

During lunch period she looked for her best friend eagerly as her heart rate began to pick up. She could feel the burning gaze of people in the cafeteria.

The food was not as bad as Riley claimed it would be. After a few turns here and there, she saw her best friend sitting few metres from where she stood. She was patched up near her current boyfriend's shoulder, David. She was lost in thoughts as Cassey knew that there was something bothering her. She was about to walk over to her but stopped on her tracks studying the environment around her friend. Cameron,the boys and other football members sprawled themselves around the tables as they shared conversations.

Some tuckled each other to the ground like gorillas fighting for dominion. Cassey not feeling the need to stuff her stomach, she walked towards the garbage can to dispose her food. Before she could do so ,a kid snatched the food from her and bolted to a distant table. She chuckled as she watched the boy share the food among his table members ,diving into his.

Having twenty minutes left to spare before the next period,she decided to take a strawl around the big field that was directly opposite to the cafeteria.

She raked her hair back with her fingers before folding her arms to her sides. She sheltered under a tree,her legs dangling from the bench she sat on. She welcomed the peace and quietness of the environment, closing her eyes to experience the inner feeling of calmness.

Her moment came to a halt as she heard the whimpering sound of someone in pain seething into her ears from a distant. She got up and followed the sound . The whimpers grew louder ,making her reduce her strides.

She gasped as she watched a boy in her class get beaten up by a group of boys.

" Get the hell away from him."

She shouted getting their attention. They laughed , stalking toward her. The injured boy groaned holding his rib cage. Blood flowed from his nostrils and spat out some blood.

" Well boys ,don't we have ourselves a hotty snack here. " The boy in the middle licked his lips ,eyeing cassey from head to toe.

"Why do boys here see girls as snacks. Are we wrapped in packs or something? " He chuckled amused by her humor.

" Not like that sweet heart . it's just that its on a rare occasion to see a beautiful flowers bloom around here. And now that I see one I'd like to suck the nector out of it."

Cassey cringed her face disgusted by the boys words. The boy ushered her over with her finger but she stood firm at her spot. Her heart saddened as the guy laid breathless on the ground.

His glasses were shuttered into million pieces and he continuously coughed out blood. He finally looked up to her and held his gaze. She could see right through his masked pain and anger. But no emotion sparked. As far as she knew,he was broken inside.

"I'm going to call the cops if you don't step away from him."

" You wouldn't." One of the boys said as they laughed at her. Cassey put her phone on speaker once she dialed the emergency number.

"Hello this is 911,what's your emergency?" Apon hearing that ,the boys sprinted the opposite direction after picking up their stuff.

Cassey walked towards the hurt boy rushing down the staircase. He supported himself against the pavement walls holding the side of his ribcage area.