Chapter 13

first college year (1)

"eunhaaa!" areum yelled in the hallway, catching up to her.

"what is it?" eunha sighed. she felt pressured from all the practicals and project work being shoved in her face all the time.

"there's someone who wants to talk to you." areum said as she gave eunha a thumbs up and ran away.

areum was the childish friend which eunha got in the entrance exam. she wasn't close to eunha but eunha knew she would become close to her sooner or later.

before eunha could even ask who wanted to talk to her, she was out of sight. she flinched when someone called her name.

she turned around to see who it was. she never saw the boy standing in front of her ever before.

"who are you?" eunha questioned. he could only be a senior or someone in the first year.

"a-ah, I'm mingyu." he stuttered. eunha knew what was going to happen after that.

a confession. ” 

"anyways, I saw you during the interview for admission and you seemed very cool." mingyu spoke.

"yeah, thanks. what else?" eunha asked. she was too tired to fake a smile.

mingyu seemed a bit disappointed by her reaction. eunha felt guilty on seeing his expression but couldn't care less.

"could you give me a chance?" mingyu asked. eunha knew what he was talking about but she acted dumb.

"for what?" she questioned. "I really like you. I know you don't even know me but please, can you give me a chance?" mingyu asked.

his words seemed appealing to eunha. she also didn't want to hurt him by saying,"no". she stared at him for a while, thinking of what to answer.

she was quite taken aback but couldn't show it on her face because she was tired.

"uhm, I think I'll ac⏤" her sentence got cut off when a familiar voice spoke.

"how about no?" she turned her head a bit to see who it was.

hoseok!” she was relieved. he literally saved her from that situation.

"uh," mingyu sighed. he felt uncomfortable. "um, we could be friends." eunha gave mingyu a smile.

"sure." mingyu smiled back.

“ but it is hard to stop yourself from grasping the person you love.” mingyu thought. everytime I see her, my heartbeat fastens. nevertheless, I'll stop myself.

mingyu walked away from them. the way he walked seemed sad but couldn't be helped.

hoseok smiled at eunha, showing his small dimples.

"thanks." eunha smiled back. "always." hoseok said as he grabbed her wrist and walked her to the classroom.

she was about to accept mingyu but she never accepted me. maybe a friend is different than a stranger. ”

"hoseok, I really like having you beside me." eunha spoke out of nowhere.

"same." hoseok smiled.

was there ever a time when hoseok left her side? no. hoseok was always by her side but eunha never thought about it.

you never realise who you really love.