Chapter 19

Tyler

"Congrats, man, a little girl." I smiled, hugging my best friend.

"Thanks. I'm scared as hell, but she will be worth it." I nodded, looking over to find Luna curled up in Fallen's lap.

"I don't know needed someone so much until that little girl wrapped her arms around me."

"You and Maggie have any plans?" I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, we both want another one."

"Everything okay?" He frowned, looking me over.

"I don't know. Don't get me wrong. I love them both."

"Hey, Merry Christmas." I turned to JD as he looked around before looking back at us.

"Max, come take a picture with me," Abby yelled, making him go over to them. Jake came over, sensing my discomfort.

"What's going on?"

"Since the accident, I have had dreams about Tanner." He nodded, understanding what I was going through. Occasionally, his brother will pop into my dreams.

"Have you talked to Maggie about it?" I shrugged, watching her help set up.

"She doesn't know about this." I shook my head, looking over at the door to find Maggie's mom had walked in. I pulled away JD walking over to Maggie wrapping my arms around her.

"Hey."

"Your moms here." Her head whipped over to the door as her body became rigid.

"I got Luna." I kissed her cheek as I let her go. I walked over, scooping Luna into my arms.

"Are you having fun?"

"Yeah, but I'm hungry."

"Come on, let's get you a snack." I brought her over to the snack table, letting her pick what she wants.

"Daddy."

"Hmm."

"Are you sad?" I frowned, getting down to her level so I could look at her better.

"Why would you think that?"

"Jake told me." I nodded, knowing they have a special bond. Unless it is bedtime, Jake has been my side most of the time.

"I'm sorry, princess daddy hasn't been sleeping well."

"Bad dream?"

"When I have a bad dream, mommy holds me and pets my hair. Mommy can make them go away. Sometimes she sings to me, and that helps."

"Your right. Maybe that will help." I smiled, hugging her. I pulled away, looking over to find Maggie still talking to her mom. After a minute, she waved me over. I made my way over as Maggie wrapped her arms around me.

"Mrs. Bell, it's nice to see you again." I smiled, reaching out to shake her hand.

"You too, Tyler, and welcome home."

"Thank you. Being back here has been better than I thought it would be."

"Your daughter is beautiful." I nodded, looking back over at Luna, who was watching us.

"Come here, Luna," Maggie yelled, making Luna run over, wrapping arms around our legs.

"I want you to meet someone," Maggie said, getting down to her level.

"Baby girl, this is Sandra. She is my mom, which means she is your grandma." She looked between the three of us before settling in on Sandra.

"Hi."

"Hi Luna, are you having a good Christmas?"

"Yeah, but I wanted a little sister." Maggie gasped as her cheeks reddened.

"Luna Rae Rollins, we talked about that." Until this point, I have not heard anyone refer to Luna's last name to be the same as mine. I assumed Maggie would give Luna her last name.

"Sorry, mommy."

"How about you come to tell me what else you got for Christmas." Sandra offered Luna a hand leading them over to a booth. I turned to pull Maggie in my arms the best I could.

"She has my last name."

"I went back and forth for days thinking about it. At the end of the day, she was yours. I wanted her to have a piece of you and your family."

"You're amazing."

"I don't know about that, but I'm trying."

"I love you, Mags."

"I love you too." She smiled, wrapping her arms around my neck, leaning in for a kiss.

"Sorry to break this up, but can I borrow my brother for a minute."

"I suppose. I'm going to check on Luna." I nodded, giving her another kiss. Maggie pulled as Fallen took

her spot in my arms.

"I'm so glad you are here to see your niece or nephew."

"I wouldn't want to be anyplace else. I can't wait to be the cool uncle."

"Hey, don't forget this can go both ways." She smirked.

"I'm happy for you, little sister. You're going to be an amazing mother."

"Thank you. I wish our parents were here." I nodded, kissing her forehead.

"Food is ready, time to eat," Abby yelled, making us pull apart. I walked over to where Luna was taking a seat.

"Stay with daddy." She nodded as Maggie and Sandra went to get our plates.

***

Maggie crashed against me on the couch as I wrapped a blanket around us. She sighed, resting her cheek against my arm.

"She is out."

"She had a pretty exciting day. How do you feel about your mom?"

"It was good. We still have a lot to work on, but it is a good start. Luna will finally have a grandparent around." I nodded, making us more comfortable.

"I've meant to talk to you?" She quickly pulled away, looking at me, worried.

"The cabin is done now. I should go to stay there for a little while."

"I don't understand. Tyler, we want you here. I know we're a little cramped, but we can fix that."

"There are just some things I need to work out on my own." She shook her head as tears filled her eyes.

"Baby, talk to me. Please do not shut me out. Was it something you and JD were talking about?"

"Mags." I cried as she launched into my arms.

"No, Tyler, you have a daughter that needs you. I need you; I want you here. If something happened to you..." I nodded, wrapping my arms around her.

"Since the accident, I've been seeing Tanner."

"You need some closure. His family maybe."

"His parents."

"Then let's go. You and I can go take a trip." I nodded, turning her head to whip the tears away.

"I almost lost you once, and I will do everything to prevent that."

"I'm not going anywhere."