Chapter 9

Maggie

"I have a surprise for you." I smiled as I unbuckled Luna.

"What is it?" She perked up, taking my hand as we walked inside. I looked around to find Tyler and Jake sitting a few booths away.

"Look over there." I pointed over at Tyler, watching her reaction. Her face lit up as she ran over to him.

"Tyler!" she yelled.

"There's my favorite girl!" He smiled, reaching down to pull her next to him. I smiled, walking over sitting across from them.

"I missed you. Did you miss me?" I looked my daughter over in awe. She never acted this way around Dylan.

"How could I not?" He smiled at her then looked up at me. I looked over at the bar finding Sam and our bartender Shelly. Sam smiled at us as she made her way over.

"Sammy!"

"Hey munchkin, are you hungry for tenders?" Sam smiled down at Luna.

"Choco Milk."

"Only for you and you guys."

"Burger and fries."

"I'll just have my usual thanks, Sam."

"Your welcome. Let me know if you need anything." I nodded, turning back to look at them.

"Do you like your surprise?" She nodded, hugging Tyler.

"Luna, do you know your grandpa owned this bar?" She shook her head, looking over at Maggie.

"This was my dad's bar. Before you were born, he passed away. This was his favorite place, which became my favorite place. You sweet girl was named after grandpa." I wiped the tears away as Luna came over, hugging me. Tyler reached over, squeezing my hand, reassuring me.

We spent the next hour listening to Luna, tell Tyler everything about her. He listened to her intently, only giving me a few glances.

"Alright, baby girl, you ready? You need to get into the bath and ready for bed."

"Can Tyler come over?"

"Not tonight." She looked at Tyler, pouting.

"Your mom is right. I need to get back to work. I promise I will see you soon."

"Promise."

"Promise." He placed his forehead against hers, staring her down. She curled up into his lap, hugging him. I snuck my phone out, taking a quick picture of them.

"Say goodbye."

"Bye, Luna, have a good night."

"Night, Tyler." He set her down while she went over to Jake, leaving me with Tyler.

"You're so good with her. Thank you."

"I'm not going anywhere, Mags. Let me walk you two out." I nodded as he scooped Luna up, making her giggle. Tyler wrapped his arm around me as we walked over to my car.

"Bye, sweet girl. I will see you soon." he smiled, buckling her into her car seat.

"Bye, Tyler." He shut her door before turning to look at me.

"Thank you for inviting me tonight."

"We will get together more. She has a lot more to tell you."

"I'm sure she does, but I want to hear your side as well."

"I'll text you tomorrow, and we can figure something out."

"Sounds good. I should get going. Call me if you need anything." I nodded, getting into my car. Seeing the two of them together made me wish, I told him sooner.