Chapter 13

Maggie

"I can't believe our girl is four." Abby smiled, helping me with the cake.

"I know it feels like yesterday I was in the hospital having her. Now this year is more special. She gets to spend it with her daddy."

"Speaking of which, how are things with him?" I blushed to remember how good it is to have him back.

"It's been good. We're getting to know each other again while he's also trying to get to know Luna. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a dream. I know I don't deserve how good he is treating me, but I'm thankful for it."

"Yes, you probably should have told him. At the time you thought it was best and we can't fault you for that. He's finally back, and maybe it's right when he's supposed to be."

"Maybe. All I know is I don't want this dream to end. Enough about me, what is going on with you?"

"Today is about you guys, and I don't want to ruin that."

"Are you okay?"

"Look, we can talk about it tomorrow."

"Mommy!" I turned around just in time for Luna to jump into my arms.

"Hi baby, you look so cute. Where's your dad?"

"Helping Fallen." I nodded, setting her down as she ran over to Abby.

"Hey." I smiled as Tyler came in carrying bags of presents, making me sigh. Jake following closely behind him.

"Hey, I know I went a little overboard." I shook my head, walking over, wrapping my arms around him.

"You did, but this is your day just as much as it is hers." He nodded, leaning in for a kiss.

"Let's go celebrate our girl." I smiled, helping him with the bags.

A few more kids and their parents came. Luna brought each of the kids over to Tyler so they could meet her dad. He smiled, watching her every move.

"Maggie, your mom's here," Fallen whispered, making me looking at the door. I haven't seen my mom since I left for college. She's never seen or talked to her granddaughter.

"You got her?" I asked Tyler. I watched as Jake stood at attention look at my mom.

"Yeah. Do you need me?"

"Not yet. I'll be right back." He nodded worriedly. I checked on Luna once more before meeting my mom by the door.

"What are you doing here?"

"I thought it was time to see my grandbaby."

"Which one's yours?" I hissed, watching her look over by Tyler where Luna was.

"Right, there is my granddaughter. She is beautiful."

"She is. Look, today is about her and her dad. If you're still in town tomorrow, come by the bar, and we can talk then. I need to get back in there."

"I will see you tomorrow." I nodded, walking back into the main area. Tyler looked up at me worriedly as I made my way over to him.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, we can talk about it later." He nodded, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Daddy, look." Max walked into the room, bringing in a pink bike.

"I see, honey. Maybe when it's warm, I can show you how to ride it, okay." She nodded, running over to Max, hugging him. Once she pulled away, Max made his way over to us.

"I hope it's okay."

"Of course, she loves it, thank you." He nodded before turning to look over at Abby. They shared a look, letting me know something was going between them.

"All right, time for cake. Luna, go sit by your dad." Abby and Fallen helped me with the cake as I went over to sit with Luna and Tyler. Everyone started singing happy birthday, making Luna giggle.

"Happy birthday, baby," I whispered, kissing her cheek. I looked over at Tyler as he had tears in his eyes. I reached over, squeezing his hand, letting him know I was here.

***

"Did you have a good day?" I asked Luna as I ran my fingers through Luna's hair. She is curled into Tyler's side, trying not to fall asleep.

"Yeah."

"Did you get everything you wanted?"

"Baby." She whispered, finally closing her eyes. Jake came in lying at the end of her bed. When they stay here, Jake is in here, making sure she is okay.

"Love you." We whispered before heading into the living room. I crashed onto the couch, where Tyler pulled me into his arms. I curled into him, leaning up to kiss him.

"Did you have a good day?"

"The best, seeing her light up with everything. It's everything."

"It's the best feeling."

"Do you want to talk about your mom?" I shook my head, not wanting to get into that tonight. After a good day, she was the last thing I want to talk about.

"Not tonight, but we can talk about it a different day. I'm meeting her tomorrow to talk." He nodded, making patterns on my arm, helping me calm down.

"So our girl wants a little sibling. What are your thoughts on that?" I sighed, making myself more comfortable.

"Honestly, until recently, I haven't given it much thought. I always just assumed it was just going to be her. Even when Dylan came into the picture, it didn't cross my mind. Seeing you with Luna changed everything." I pulled away so I could look at him. I reached for his hands, so I was still holding onto him.

"When you first came back, I was scared. I knew you would be good with her, but I never imagined you would be this good. I know we can't change the past, but I wish you were there. You make me want things I never thought I could have again." Tears filled my eyes as he pulled me back to him.

"I'm not going to lie. She scares the hell out of me. I wish more than anything I wish I could have been there. I promise if you want to have any more kids, I will be there every step of the way. I know we said we were going to go slow, but Mags, I love you."

"I never stopped loving you. I didn't think I could love you any more than I did until I saw you with our daughter. I want you to experience the pregnancy and all that. I want to be able to give you that experience. I love you, Tyler Rollins." I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing our lips together.