Chapter 10

Tyler

I breathed in the scent of watermelon as I woke up. The scent increased as her arms tightened around me. Slowly I opened my eyes to find Maggie curled into my side. Her arms tightened around me as one of her legs was thrown over mine. Sighing in relief, I see Luna curled up with Jake at the end of the bed.

My eyes traveled back over to Maggie's face. It's been almost five years since I got to hold her like this. The patterns on her face seemed to change, but she is still the most beautiful woman I've seen. I kissed her forehead as she pressed her forehead into my neck.

"You smell so good." She moaned as I pulled her head back to my chest.

"Morning Mags."

"Luna." she quickly sat up only to laugh, seeing our daughter and Jake.

"Must have been too hot for her." She nodded, running a hand through her hair.

"Thank you for staying. I feel better knowing your here."

"Whenever you two need me, I'll be there." I reached up, pulling her back into my arms, not ready to let her go yet.

"Tyler." She whispered, making patterns on my chest.

"Hmm."

"Mommy."

"Right here, baby." Luna crawled over to us as Maggie pulled away.

"You sleep okay?" I asked as she made herself comfortable between us.

"Yeah, Jake was lonely, so I cuddled with him."

"That was nice of you."

"Luna, you called Tyler something last night, do you remember?" Maggie asked looked between us.

"Daddy."

"Do you know what it means?" She nodded, smiling between us.

"You, my mommy, and he's my daddy?"

"How do you know that?"

"Jake told me." She shrugged as if it was the most obvious answer.

"Are you happy?" She nodded, crawling into my arms as the tears started to form in my eyes.

"Why you crying?"

"Because you make me so happy." I smiled, wrapping my arms around her little body.

"Hey, why don't we make breakfast?" Maggie said as Luna pulled away.

"I should get Jake home so he can eat."

"No, please don't go?" Luna came over, wrapping her arms around me.

"Jake doesn't have his breakfast food here, and he's hungry. How about I get him some food and come back?"

"I have to head to the bar in a little bit. Would you like to spend a couple of hours with her?" Maggie asked nervously as I stood up.

"What do you say, baby girl, want to spend time with daddy?"

"And Jake?"

"Of course. I will be right back, I promise." I gave her hugs and kisses before heading home with Jake.

"You knew before I did. Those two girls are our priority now, bud." Jake looks at me as if he's nodding.

We pulled up to Fallen's house, where he went to the bathroom. I walked inside, getting his food ready. Jake came in a few minutes later, while I picked up a bag. Just in case we spend any more time there, I throw the extra bag in the back of the truck.