Chapter 6

Maggie

The next couple of weeks went on like a blur with the wedding plans coming up. I've also been avoiding Tyler the best I can.

"Maggie." I looked at Abby in the mirror as she walked over to me.

"Hmm."

"You okay?" I finished putting on my makeup before turning towards her.

"Of course, our best friend is getting married." I smiled, looking over at Fallen, who was talking to Luna. Knocking on the door made my heart start to race. Luna ran over, opening the door revealing Tyler and Jake. My hormones started racing to see him all dressed up.

"Tyler!" Luna squealed, wrapping her arms around his leg.

"Hi Luna, you look beautiful today."

"Thank you. Can I play with Jake?"

"Just for a minute, okay." She nodded, taking Jake over to the corner while Tyler walked over to Fallen.

"You look, beautiful sis. Mom and dad would be so proud." Tears filled our eyes at the mention of their parents. Their mom died when Fallen was ten from breast cancer. Eddie died a year after I had Luna from a car accident. I'm thankful that she got to meet her grandpa.

"Thank you, and I'm just glad your here." He nodded, hugging her. Pulling away, his eyes landed on me, looking me over.

"Mags." I shook my head, going over to Luna.

"I'll let you ladies finish getting ready. Fallen, I will see you in a little bit." Tyler opened the door making Jake follow him. I looked at Fallen and Abby, both giving me a knowing look.

"Today is about you; we can talk about it later." That seemed to appease them as we went and got pictures taken.

***

"Hey, beautiful." Dylan wrapped his arms around me as I pulled away from Max and Abby.

"Hi." I smiled, leaning up for a kiss. I turned, watching Luna dance into the room with Tyler right behind her. She giggled, reaching up so he would dance with her. He smiled, giving in and twirling her around.

"Mommy, did you see me?" She giggled, running over to me. I smiled, pulling her into my arms.

"I did. Aunt Fallen should be up next."

"Dylan, will you dance with me?" She turned to him, giving a hopeful look. He smiled, nodding his head.

"After Fallen and Garret, come in here, okay." She nodded, resting her head against my shoulder. I took a second to look over at Tyler, only to find his eyes were on me.

"Now presenting Mr. and Mrs. Hanson." The door opened, making my eyes go over to my best friend. Garret gave her a kiss making her smile. I turned to Dylan, willing to feel the happiness my best friend is feeling now.

"Our turn?" Luna asked, reaching for Dylan. I let her go as he pulled her into his arms. I watched for a second before heading over to the bar.

"Shot, please." The bartender nodded handed me the shot. Sighing, I took the shot before looking back into the crowd—fallen dancing with her new husband, Abby, and Max, then Dylan and Luna.

"Mags." Chills ran down my spine, hearing his voice.

"You're parents would be so proud." He nodded, looking over at his sister.

"We need to talk." I shook my head, moving away from him.

"There's nothing to talk about. Dylan makes me happy."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just remember you also kissed me." He smirked against my ear before walking away. I groaned, walking over to Dylan and Luna. She pulled away and ran over to Jake to keep him company.

Tyler

"What's going on?" Luna tugged on my pants, making me look down at her.

"It's a father-daughter dance."

"I don't have a dad." Pain and sadness filled me for this little girl and her mom. I looked over at Maggie, who is carefully watching us.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, why don't you dance with me?" Fallen was dancing with her father in law before I'm supposed to cut in.

"Can I?" She asked, hopefully.

"It would be my pleasure." I smiled, pulling her into my arms. Tears filled Fallens eyes as we walked over to her. Luna wrapped her arm around our necks, bringing us closer.

"Ty." She cried, hugging me.

"I know dads not here, so it's only right I get to dance with you."

"Me too." Luna giggled, making me smile. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Maggie walking out of the room.

"You should go talk to her. I'll take this little one." I nodded as Luna wrapped her arms around my sister. I ran into the hallway, finding Maggie's back turned towards me. Her shoulders shook as another sob ran through her body.

"Mags," I whispered, trying to get her attention.

"No, just go away." She hissed as I walked closer to her.

"I'm sorry if I overstepped. She asked me to dance, and I didn't want to say no." Another sob hit her as I pulled her into my arms. She fought me only to succumb to her sobs.

"Breathe Mags. It's okay."

"But it's not Tyler."

"Do you want me to get Dylan?" She shook her head at the mention of his name. He should be the one out here comforting her.

"Did he hurt you? Maggie, tell me he didn't hurt you." She shook her head, pulling away.

"No, nothing like that. I should go back inside. I'm sure Luna is getting hungry or looking for me."

"Please talk to me." I pleaded as she pulled away from me.

"Not here."

"Everything okay?" I turned to find Abby looking between us.

"Yeah, I'm just going to the bathroom real quick." She pulled away from walking the other way.

What happened here?" Abby asked, making me look over to her. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

"Honestly, I don't know." I looked over to the door that Maggie disappeared from, wishing she would come back.

"Give her time, and she will come around."

"I can't stop worrying about her. I didn't mean to overstep out there."

"Tyler, it's not your fault, I promise. Let me go calm her down." I nodded, walking back into the reception. Max waved me down as I walked closer to the bar. Jake sensed my worrying as he made his way over.

"You okay?"

"Not really, you?"

"About the same." I nodded as we watched our girls walk back into the room. Maggie walked over to Dylan, hugging him. She is hiding something, and I will figure it out.