Chapter XVI: Platonic Soulmates

Start from the beginning

"What happened?" Emily mouths to Derek. He simply shrugs and nods to Spencer who is putting away their bags. Emily goes up to him,

"Why is Eden crying?" Emily whispers.

Spencer leans in, "Andy got shot."

Emily puts her hand over her mouth in shock before helping JJ get her inside the car.

"Spence, wanna come along?" JJ asks after closing the door for Emily and Eden.

He nods and waves goodbye to Derek before entering the passenger seat, still looking back at Eden as she hysterically cries.

~

On the jet, Eden doesn't speak, she doesn't say a word to anyone. She stays in the corner of the couch, her knees to her chest with her head down. The only person knowing even remotely anything was spencer, and he only knew the cause, nothing more.

30 minutes pass, JJ gives Eden her candy bar, to which Eden gives her a soft smile as she takes it.

1 hour in, Edens been crying in the bathroom for 15 minutes.

2 hours in, Derek kneels in front of her asking her if she needs anything, she responds with a head shake signifying no.

3 hours in, Garcia is called in, she sees Eden in the corner of the plane on Derek's phone.

Spencer is worried ridiculously but doesn't go up to her, understanding her wanting to be left alone.

4 hours have now passed, she's laid down since then her knees still to her chest, no tears but instead a few quiet sniffles.

5 hours, she keeps drifting off to sleep but waking herself up, knowing she can't go to sleep not knowing if her friend was okay.

Spencer gets up, 45 minutes before landing, to sit on the other end of the couch. Eden looks over to him before starting back into space again. He sighs, taking his suit jacket off and laying on top of Eden. She stares at him in confusion, to which he responds with a soft smile and a head shake. She smiles back and gazes off to nowhere once more.

The plane is about to land and the only thing Eden does is buckle up before they descend. Spencer watches as she does so and scoots closer before they land.

"Hey," he says softly.

"Hi," Eden responds, her voice timid and dry from the sobs and hours of not using it, "do- do you think you could drive me to th- the hospital?" she says closing her eyes as she tries to not cry again.

"Oh- yeah, of course," Spencer says putting his hand on her knee in comfort, she looks at his hand before hesitantly taking it in her own and laying her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you," she said, her voice barely audible.

Spencer simply kisses her forehead as she closes her eyes during the landing.

~

Finally arriving at the hospital, Eden takes out her phone and rushes to the front desk simultaneously.

"I'm a friend of Andreas Laurens, he was brought in," Eden said urgently to the woman at the front desk.

"Yes ma'am, he is..." her words trail as she types on her computer, "he is currently in surgery but you can wait with the woman and man who came with him they're on the third floor," she said with a soft smile.

"Thank you," Eden says before rushing off to the nearest elevator, Spencer following behind.

After the elevator ride, the two start walking through the halls looking for Anna, despite Spencer having no clue what she looks like. Then, a young woman walks up and hugs Eden.