The Moon was on his feet, and wondering about the small hut without any direction or purpose. Yasu watched him with growing frustration. If the silly god was unable to help bring clarity toward Amaterasu's behaviour then he should just leave and not pace about like a child. It was all so unnerving. And what made Yasu's situation all the worse was that he was unable to escape it. But perhaps he could get the Moon to hold its orbit for a moment.

"Heika, have you spoken with the other higher Kami about the situation?" The Moon stopped and turned to Yasuhira, "Perhaps with their counsel we could form a course of action."

"I have spoken with a few, but they are far too overcome with fear to seek an open confrontation with the Sun."

"We need not confront her as I did, Heika. But approach her with reason and love. As you did before to coax her from her cave."

He covered his eyes, "That was a different time."

Yasuhira was fuming, "The Sun never changes."

"Unfortunately that's not true, Yasu. She is always in flux."

Yasuhira rubbed his face, "Whatever plans she has for Akako will not end as she expects. Akako will make certain of that," He turned to the roof, "Gods, why is that obvious only to me?"

"I see it too, Yasuhira."

The voice was not from the Moon. So both men started. In a corner away from them both was Amaterasu; she stood with her back to them and looking through a crack in the window shutters. The Moon went to his knees. And Yasuhira did the same, albeit as quickly as he battered body could move.

"I understand all too well the consequences of what I've set in motion, my dear," She took a breath, "But then all change brings about chaos."

Yasuhira looked up, "Change, Bright-lady?"

"There are going to be changes in heaven and earth, Hikiji Yasuhira."

Now the Moon looked up and his eyes were filled with tears, "No...it can't..."

"I'm afraid it is, my love."

"Bright-Lady...?"

"There comes a time when a god must move on. And this one is mine, Yasuhira."

Now he had no words, for what was happening was beyond his reckoning.

"Akako was blessed from the beginning to take my place."

Yasu pressed his forehead to the floor, "But why like this, Heika? Why all this pain?"

"Such is being a god, Yasuhira. You must see that by now?"

His tears formed a puddle, "She will not abide by this. The price is too high," He choked back more tears, "She will resist."

"I know."

Yasuhira suddenly felt someone touching his shoulders and lifting him up. He looked into the bright shining face of the Sun before him. Her eyes were so brilliant and full of life that his pain all but left him. Moreover he had thought for a second that there were tears held within those eyes. But that was impossible. It must have been a trick of the light. Amaterasu set Yasuhira up straight and touched his cheek. Her caress was as gentle as silk.

"And she will rage against it. And in doing so become more and more like the ascendancy that she will inherit."

His eyes were wild with tears, "Please, Bright-lady, reason with Akako, don't challenge her. She understands obligation. She will see the need for change. But to make her suffer before taking up the mantle you offer is the height of cruelty..."