Chapter 14

Once we all gave birth we were taken back to the pack. I was brought my two pups to nurse and brought the motherless pup. I nursed all three of them since I was producing a lot of milk.

The father was devastated to loose his mate. He started tracking down all the rogues scents who were on his mate. He brought back the wolf who had dipped a condom in silver and applied it to his mate. This wolf would be brought to pack justice Liam declared. "Now I  must go prepare my mate."

The day of the funeral everyone in the pack. Plus many other packs showed up. We all were wearing red robes. We had the young pups being watched by others. Alpha Jason stood at the front, "tonight we bid farewell to Luna Penny and the Moon Goddess will welcome her into her kingdom. We grieve as a pack as Alpha Liam mourns his mate." Alpha Liam walks foreword carrying Luna Penny in his arms. He lays her in a boat. Then pushes the boat off. Her parents and brother steps forward. They each pick up a bow and arrow. They light the arrow and shoot it into the air and it lands in the boat.

Then everyone starts to transform into their wolves and the robes fall to the ground. Liam and Penny's family starts to howl. Then gradually everyone join in. The howling continues into the night until the flame flickers out and the boat had been consumed in fire and sunk into the lake.

The other packs leave. All that is left is Moonscape Pack and Silversmith Pack. The wolves all go to the training ground and set up the gauntlet. There are 9 torturous obstacles. Each family whose mate was taken and raped was put in charge of that gauntlet obstacle. But they gathered around to watch each obstacle being done over the next few days.

THE REST OF THIS CHAPTER GOES INTO DETAIL ABOUT EACH TORTURE DEVICE [source: Medieval Times & Castles]. If you do not want to read about what was done just skip to the last paragraph of the chapter.)

The guards brought out the prisoners who actually were the three rogue guards. Plus Alice and Mackenzie.

They were brought to gauntlet device 1 which was the Pear of Anguish. (This was a pear-shaped device, with the body of the pear made up of four metal "leaves" joined by a hinge at its top, and a key or crank on one end. The pear was inserted into their anus the key was turned which opened the leaves, causing internal bleeding. This device was rarely fatal, but did bring on pain.) As the family in charge of this event turned the key you couldn't hear the wolf scream in pain. The silver collar they were wearing blocked them wolf from healing. Then the device was removed and the guards moved them to the next gauntlet device. The crowd followed. None were cheering like you see on tv. They stood there just glaring at the culprits who caused hurt to their pack member.

The second device was the Breast Ripper. (It was a metal claw that pierced the flesh of the breast or chest. The victim was tied to a wall, and then the claw pulled forcibly away, shredding their nipples to pieces.) They left the wolves tied up until the next morning. They knew they would go no place with the silver collar on them. The pack then laid down and slept until morning.

They woke the next morning and ate breakfast. Then went out to the wolves who were chained still to the wall with their silver collar. The silver  collar was remove, and they were given breakfast and they were allowed to heal for 30 minutes. The collar was replaced.

Then they moved to the third device which was the Scavenger's Daughter. (This apparatus consists of a hoop of iron with a hinge in the middle. The victim was forced to crouch on one half of the hoop while the other half was pivoted and placed over his back. (Imagine being placed into a giant set of iron dentures.) The family use a screw to tighten the hinge, crushing then involuntary into a crouch until they heard the spine being dislocated. Then they stopped. They took the silver collar off so their wolf could heal them. It took 2-3 hours to heal from the the devices used on them thus far.