Chapter 8

Promptly at 7:40pm a bell rang and announcement was made. In 5 minutes please meet at the elevator lobby. There are appetizers and drinks set up. I was dressed in my black dress and black ballet shoes. Dad walked in and said, "your mom said to give you this necklace of protection to wear tonight. It will give you strength to do what must be done."

"What must be done dad?"

He kissed my temple and said, "you will know when the time is right." Then he fastened this black pearl necklace with a black opal that had been carved to look like a canine tooth with a wolf head on it.

I could feel calmness and strength wash over me

I could feel calmness and strength wash over me. Just  then a knock on the door, "it is time to meet at the elevator," Jean calls out.

We turn and go to the door and look as my mom runs out of her room sliding on her shoes, "I swear that woman is a drill Sargent, but I am ready."

We get to the elevator and there is no food or drinks. "Come on we don't want to be late," and we all get in and go down a floor. When the elevator opens I see waiters and waitresses walking around with trays of foods and drinks.  Councilman Carrol and Councilwoman Mason talking and interacting with a few others. He walks over and says, "welcome to my world." He pulls a she-wolf up beside him, "this is councilwoman Mason. She is my mate. A few of the council heard you were coming to my place tonight, and turned into a bigger meet and greet. Dinner will still be private. Let me introduce you all to the other council members." Soon we had met all who were here.

The elevator door opened and I heard my ex-mate's voice. I had Jean and 'A' by me and Daniel stood by my parents. My face went pale and  my parents eyes went black. They struggled to keep their wolf under control but they grabbed each other's arms to give each other support. I turned toward his voice. He was standing with his mate and her parents.  I then saw Quinn walking over to them. I had not seen him arrive. I thought crap there is going to be a fight.  Instead he stopped in front of them and stated, "This should of happened before, but you were too selfish to say it. I was too hurt to to command it,  I, Quinn Bronson reject or maybe since you were the one who mated my own brother even knowing I was your true mate it should be I accept your rejection Mackenzie Smyth Bronson." We all see Mackenzie  grab her chest in pain."

I lift my hand up and touch the necklace. I feel a calmness come over me and I walk over to them with 'A' and Jean behind me. In a confidant and loud voice I state, "Since you were one who publicly claimed me, then raped me and f***ed her, rejected me and claimed her as your mate I, ASHLEY SWIFT,  PUBLICLY ACCEPT THE REJECTION OF ALPHA JACE BRONSON FORMER ALPHA OF RAVENCLAW AND WANNA BE ALPHA OF BLUEMOON OR SHOUOD I SAY BLUEBALLS SINCE THAT SEEMS TO BE WHAT YOUR THINKING WITH ACCEPT YOUR REJECTION." Jace quickly turns toward me and swings a fist at me.

I duck, but it never made it to me. I was surprised to see Jean holding his fist, "Alpha to be Jace take your mate and leave. I am the schedule master and know your official meeting is a luncheon tomorrow with the council. You came to start trouble, but it looks like the exes brought it instead." She then turned to Alpha Sean and stated, "you have been alpha long enough and been at enough council gatherings to know I am a stickler for scheduled. Take the Blueballs Pack members and leave." By then several Elite are standing behind her and he furiously grabs and drags his daughter and future heir and leaves.