Chapter 9

The next morning a nurse wakes me up. She has the ginger ale and ginger snaps I requested. I still spend the first 40 minutes in the bathroom. Then when stomach settles I nibble on the cookie and sip the ginger ale. I take a shower and get dressed. I am brushing and blow drying  my hair when the nurse taps on the bathroom door. "The Doctor is here to examine you."

"I will be out in a minute. I once again just pull my hair up in a ponytail and walk out.

I hold out my hand, "hello my name is Ashley. I shake both the nurse and doctor hand.  "I know you were trying to tell me whom you were earlier but these munchkins give me a rude awakening the last few days."

The nurse smiles, "I am nurse Rose. I am assigned to your detail while here." She says as she shakes my hand.

"I am doctor Cassie. I am to examine and confirm your pregnancy and exactly how far along you are for the council. I am also suppose to take some fluid to prove paternity, but we have to confirm you are at least 14 days along before we can do that."

"Well I since it will be Saturday night I was raped by him. I will be 2 weeks this Saturday."

"Conception is usually within 24-72  hours after the sperm has left the recipient. It depends how far and fast his sperm had to go and where your egg was when along the path to your uterus." I will tell council the earliest we can test for paternity will be Wednesday morning.  I will do an ultrasound before the paternity test to confirm your exact conception date. Now I am going to give you some paternity vitamins and Diclegis for morning sickness. The nurse can let me know if it helps.

"Doctor Cassie? Is there something wrong? Is that why your assigning me a nurse?"

"Oh your ok. Just typical pregnancy stuff, but with a stress of where you are it is best to just monitor you. I am also going to suggest through Monday you can do daily wolf runs and after that you can exercise in human form.  Wednesday, when we do paternity test we also will do an ultrasound I  the morning and the test that afternoon. Then expect Thursday to be the first day of the trial. The first thing they will do is have me prove how far along you are and paternity. Plus 'A' will have someone stay with the sample and results 24x7 to insure it won't get tampered with. Plus I always do a private testing on my own to verify the results. However that is not announced to anyone in council."

I look at her and whisper in her ear, "not here. Been told room could have ears."

She stops and says, "see this necklace?" I nod my head yes, "My mate gave me this. He is an Elite guard. It is a scrambler and it keeps ears from listening. This way patient/doctor confidentiality is maintained. I have my lawyer with me at all council hearings to protect me and my patients. They must submit all questions to my lawyer 24 hours ahead of my testimony. Then if they ask for me to expand it will depend on her if I answer. She will have yours and my interest at heart since we use the same lawyer.

I will be telling her when I leave her next week on Thursday trials can begin. Any questions?"

"Have you ever had a discrepancy between your results and court results?"

"Only one time and it confused me at first until we realized she had fraternal triplets and different fathers. Well actually it was identical twin girls which we knew about and a boy which was hidden. It took me over an hour of searching with an ultrasound to find the third pup."

"Oh my, I hope that isn't me. I still keep asking myself about handling two pups."

"After meeting your alpha and parents you will be fine." Just then my stomach grumbles and the doctor laughed, "that is my que to go. And yours to go eat. I will see you Wednesday. Do not hesitate to tell nurse Rose if you need anything." She then left.