Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.23

Cheng Bi Yu pried open her eyes she looks around from the scenery she's  in a forest. It was eerie pained howling and heart wrenching screams echoed through the space.

Strong dust wind blows creating difficulty for Cheng Bi Yu as it was made impossible for her to see anything, "..My lady-" in the distance she hears a familiar voice Cheng Bi Yu looked around frantic trying to locate it's location.

In the distance she spots Mei-Liang in her usually robes her face half hidden by the darkness her lips move seemingly whispering something unable to read her lips Cheng Bi Yu approached closer, "What? I can't hear you! Mei-Liang speck up will yuh?!-"

"..My lady-" Mei-Liang lifted her finger pointing behind Cheng Bi Yu she shivered sensing something eerie she hesitantly turns around she jumps back frightened as Mei-Liang was now before her, "..My lady wake up!-"

"...Huh?!-" Cheng Bi Yu brows narrowed bewildered she exclaimed, "Wake up?-" she mutters, "..Wake up!-"

Cheng Bi Yu soars up in bed, "Buddha!-" her hands are in stance as she's in attack mood, "..Miss it's good that you're finally up-" Mei-Liang was about to abort after her failed attempts of waking Cheng Bi Yu when she suddenly sprung up, "-What time is it?" She asks wiping the sweat from her forehead. "It's around 10-"

"What!.." Cheng Bi Yu flung off the sheets getting up frantic she scattered hastily getting dressed she almost trips slipping on her shoe. Mei-Liang tossed her an apple, "..Thanks-" she rushed to court concocting an excuse she could use in her favour peeking  inside she sees Zheng Yong and Magistrate Ping alongside each other.

Cheng Bi Yu entered her head hung low as she was about to lie but before she could offer her concocted cocktail Zhou Tong barged in, "Magistrate Zheng we have a problem!-" Cheng Bi Yu lifts her head focusing on the deranged Officer Zhou, "Our witness Lee Yong Rei is dead!-"

Zheng Yong jaw snaps, "What?!-" Zheng Yong abruptly stood from his podium striding towards the lockup Cheng Bi Yu and the rest falling behind,"Magistrate Zheng-" the guards all had their heads bowed none dared to look up fearing to meet the fierce gaze of Zheng Yong, "Move aside!-" he scoffs walking towards Lee Yong Rei's cell he pulls it open stepping in, "..What happened here?!-" he bared his teeth.

Officer Wang bravely steps forward, "..Answering Magistrate, it seems he has committed suicide,"

"Rubbish!-" Zheng Yong flicks his robe, "How could this have happened?-" he narrows his eyes at his men, "It was our negligence Magistrate we solemnly apologize," Officer Wang speaks for all the guards.

Cheng Bi Yu steps forward examining Lee Yong Rei the discoloration of his eyes and lips prove to be the aftermath of poisoning one's self there was a white powdered substance found at the corner of his mouth and some lightly sprinkled on his robe looking around Cheng Bi Yu's  eyes narrowed on a dark brown pouch she finds on his body.

Zhou Tong came up behind her transfixed on her new discovery she opens it sprinkles of white powder fell out Cheng Bi Yu quickly stood  stepping back a few steps she violently coughs, "..Are you okay Ying Jie?-" Zheng Yong asksed

"..I'm alright Magistrate," Cheng Bi Yu  replied despite coughing up sprinkles of blood Zheng Yong turned facing the guards, "..There will be a thorough investigation into this! Get to work on cleaning up this mess failures like this will not be tolerated in the future," furious he strode out.

Cheng Bi Yu sneakily takes up the pouch hiding it within her sleeve following behind Zhou Tong.

"What are you looking at?! You've heard the Magistrate hurry and clean up the mess!-" Officer Wang orders exchanging secret looks with Magistrate Ping.

Magistrate Ping had caught up to the two, "Advisor Tang may I have a few words?-" Cheng Bi Yu internally debates but despite warning alarms she nods,  "-Zhou Tong you go first I'll catch up with you in a bit,"

Zhou Tong bows, "Advisor, Magistrate Ping," he proceeds forward.

Cheng Bi Yu turns around giving the man her full attention intrigued of what will come out of that sly mouth of his Magistrate Ping smiles his teeth on full display, "..Thank you for your time Advisor Tang I'm grateful," Cheng Bi Yu interjects, "...No it is me who's grateful for Magistrate Ping's time," Magistrate smile went flat as he observed Cheng Bi Yu, 'Sugary tongue but bitter meaning..' he thought his eyes slanted.

"..I should take that off your hands" Magistrate Ping offers to take the pouch well aware Cheng Bi Yu had snatched it Cheng Bi Yu shook her head, "I'll examine this on my own if that's fine with you Magistrate Ping?.."

There was no way in fresh hell she was going to give it to this old leopard. "..Magistrate Ping shouldn't limit himself to such small task so I'll take care of this," Magistrate Ping wanted to protest, and insist even more, "..Then I trust that Advisor Tang will carefully take care of this issue,"

"..You can count on me Magistrate Ping I'll get to the bottom of this," Magistrate Ping smile fell his demeanor now grim.

[[Host you don't have the skills-]]

"..Then I'll just improvise, Plus I have this amazing system~"

[[Host are you buttering me up?]]

"-I am. Is it working?"

[[Yes it is. You were able to unlock a new skill:

◀Poison Master: Be able to sense and cure any poison despite it's smell or composition. Does Host wish to accept?]]

"Accept," Cheng Bi Yu presses the big green button. There were flashing lights and rough winds Cheng Bi Yu levitated in the air as a wind of information rushed into her. When the absorption was done she lands carefully on her feet.

Cheng Bi Yu sits examining the powdered substance, "...Tsk, so this poison is the golden lotus.  A poison that slowly attacks your insides eating organs," she adds, "..Only cure for this is blood bone stew. It would be impossible for Yong Rei to obtain, this is quite expensive and is illegal but only persons who were willing to pay it's high price could. But that is risky as the cure is not easily attainable,"

"..Magistrate Zheng I do find it suspicious that our witness dies just the second day of Magistrate Ping's arrival," Zhou Tong voiced his suspicion.

"..I too find it strange there is no way Yong Rei would have killed himself before securing justice for his fiance besides when he entered our protection he was stripped of all his belongings even his garments and was being watched 24/7 there is no way he brought in this poison," Zheng Yong hearing enough also proclaims, "..You're right Yong Rei didn't bring in this poison, nor did he kill himself with so many guards on standby." He exclaimed, ".. I've always suspected there's a mole but never expected that that mole may be one of my officers,"

"What do you want me to do Magistrate Zheng?.." Zhou Tong says all ears ready for his order, "..Do nothing for the meantime we don't want that old tiger to think that we're on to him so we'll just continue to stay low and gather up evidences,"

"..Yes Magistrate," they both retreated.

"Have you heard about the fake gold my friends?-" a merchant boisterously chats with his friends who are also merchants and sailors.

Cheng Bi Yu and Zhou Tong who were coincidently passing by paused hearing this, "..What do you know about this fake gold?!-" Zhou Tong asks his hand on his sword handle.

"Ah young man y-you seem to a-also be i-interested in t-this story," the drunken merchant slurred not releasing who he was speaking to he adds, "..There's word around here that fake gold is everywhere and Magistrate Zheng is investigating it,"

"Nonsense! Where did you hear such rubbish?.." Cheng Bi Yu shouts stepping closer sizing up with the drunk old man the merchant laughs, "A t-true merchant n-never reveals h-his secret-" Cheng Bi Yu reproached disgusted by his foul stench.

Zhou Tong whipped out his sword pointing it directly at his neck the drunken merchant gulps, "..Do you care enough to tell us your secret now?-" Zhou Tong brows sharpened his eyes blackened.

Cheng Bi Yu gently pushed the blade of the sword aside, "..There's no need let's just go," Zhou Tong completely retracts his sword resting it back in it's holster he glares at the merchant before walking off behind his Advisor.