~29. Gaurdian Warrior of Liontári ~

~Eva's POV~

The silence was suffocating. I looked around confused about what brought this situation.

Elena I understand, she was terrified of her future but Damon, Stefan, and Elijah were behaving particularly hostile towards each other.

I cleared my throat gaining their attention.

"What did you want to talk about?" I questioned staring at Elijah who smiled lightly as he glanced at me.

"Yes, I want to discuss certain matters with you, more of a deal actually. This is specifically for Miss. Gilbert's benefit. " He replied sliding his eyes across Elena before looking into mine.

I nodded understanding what he wanted and so I kept silent as laid down his proposal.

"What kind of deal?" Elena asked hesitantly.

"From the fearful attitude you have towards me I gathered that Rosemarie has already informed about the ritual to you. So all I'm willing to provide you with my protection, which includes your family and friends."

"In return what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to do nothing. Just spend your life as usual and I will take care of the rest." He answered surprising everyone, except for me of course.

"Why would you do that? I thought you were helping Klaus." Elena continued questioning her words colored in confusion.

"Let's just say I have unfinished business with him. You do not need to worry, at the end of this he will be dead." The last part came out darkly scaring Elena into silence as she gulped before nodding mutely agreeing with Elijah's terms.

That was when my phone rang the sound cutting through the heavy air.

"Excuse me, I've got to take this." I murmured politely before walking away from them slightly well knowing that the three males could hear everything I was about to talk about.

"Hello?" I answered the call calmly seeing Anna's name flash across the screen.

"Eva? I'm sorry for always calling you like this, but I think something is wrong with Jeremy. He's been acting weirdly since last night and now he has a high temperature. Please do you know what's happening?" Anna's anxious voice reached me making me immediately straighten alert.

"Hey, calm down okay? I'll be there with Elena in minutes." I assured her hanging up before walking back towards them. They've once again been in a strange silence while I was on the call but now I did not have time to care about it.

"Elena, we have to go. Something is wrong with Jeremy." And she was immediately on her feet.

"What? Is he okay?" She asked concerned.

"I don't know. We'll go and see." I said to her before turning to my mates. "I have to be there for him, just call me if you need me okay?" I said as they reassured me.

"Go on we will be fine," Stefan spoke before kissing my forehead.

"Love you two. I'll probably be late. Come find us if I'm late. Bye! And nice meeting you Mr. Mikaelson!" I waved to them as I said goodbye and walked out of the house with Elena in tow, not noticing the startled look on Elijah's face as I addressed him with his family name or the rising tension between the three men within the room.

~Elijah's POV~

I watched silently as she bid farewell to them trying to hide my envy and rage. And when she turned to me I politely nodded back, surprised at the way she addressed me, hoping she did not see the turmoil and curiosity burning inside me.