~11. Mysteries & Realisations~

~Damon's POV~

It has been few hours since we came back, but Eva was still out cold. Taking one last look at her serene appearence I closed the door to my bedroom before walking down to see my brother looking much more serious than usual.

Elena as usual was hovering near him worrying while Bonnie stood to the side in a daze.

But what surprised me was the way Stefan was ignoring his girlfriend when usually he was the one comforting and worrying about her.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked him searching for a fix of my favourite poison, blood and bourbon.

"Nothing." He replied shortly going back to brooding a glass of blood in his hands. And from the smell it did not seemed to be of a bunny.

Oh, oh...

"You are drinking human blood." I stated adressing the obvious, while Elena let out a gasp and Bonnie too snapped out of her dreamy state.

"What? Stefan is it true?" Elena asked anxiously.

Inwardly I too was anxious thinking what happened to send my brother seeking for human blood.

"Yes." Again only one word.

What the hell?!

"Got tired of killing bambi?" my words dripped of sarcasm hididng the spiraling concern hidden. Since I did not kill Lexi the vampire problem was still a hot potato in the council and I do not need Stefan going off the rails.

"Relax Damon I am handling it." He finally graced me with more than one one word before taking out the rope necklace with a stone tied to it around his neck.

"See this? This keeps me from having no control over my bloodludt. Now I can simply take a sip of human blood and be in control of my hunger unlike the other times. And the one who made it possible is now lying uncouncious all beacuase of your stupid obsession with the woman who made our lives horrible. It is your fault she is like that!" Shouting the last part Stefan threw the glass he was holding across the room, it shattered hitting against the wall making both Elena and Bonnie flinch.

I simply stood there shocked at his behaviour. Eva is my mate, and it was painful for me to see her like that too, more than him actually.

"Did you perhaps forget the part where I refused to open it? I did not want to open it after knowing the truth." I stated angrily glaring at my brother. "And don't act like I don't care about her, if there was anyone in this world I would care about it would be her."

"Realy? Why do I find it hard to believe?" Stefan taunted coming to stand infront of me.

I glared at him without saying anything.

"That's what I thought." He spat before turning away but my quiet voice stopped him in place.

"She is my mate."

"What?" Stefan demanded.

"Eva is my mate. So brother yes she is the one I care most in this world." I snapped having enough of his unreasonable attitude.

Now it was Stefan's turn to be shocked into silence.

"What are you talking about? What is a mate?" Elena unable to keep quiet anymore demanded, while bonnie just stood there staring at her feet.

"Ahh right, why don't you tell her huh? What a mate is I mean. Your girlfriend seems curious." I taunted Stefan enjoying the turn of events.

"Shut up!" He growled but I did not stop. He went too far accusing me for Eva's condition.