~65. Future Responsibilities~

While the four ladies downstairs engaged in conversation the men upstairs froze stunned upon hearing the conversation. And what Sophie had revealed made them look at each other incredulously, especially Klaus as everyone's gazes landed on him.

They could still remember the information Eva had revealed to them some time ago. Due to the awakening of his werewolf counterpart he'd regained the ability to birth children of his flesh and blood, and since none of the others present in the room was undead as the day they have been killed Elijah, Stefan, Damon were sure, the biological father of the child currently in Eva's womb was Klaus.

Yes, Eva was with child, few seconds ago Sophie had confirmed it upon sensing it after she came into contact with Eva.

Above them all, it was Klaus, despite knowing the possibility who could not believe what was happening. He had originally thought this was only possible if a werewolf was involved and he was a hundred to a thousand percent sure that Eva was no werewolf.

While the four males were shocked silly Eva felt the world spinning, for she too did not think this was possible. It could only be Niklaus's and any other possibility was out of the question for all her other mates were very dead vampires.

"What?! Are you being serious?!" Caroline questioned rapidly while both Eva and Rebekah stood there blinking.

"Of course, I wouldn't lie about this, not when I know it would cost me my life. I can sense when someone is pregnant and as soon as I held her hand I felt it. But to confirm it further it is better to do some kind of test or a spell." Sophie proposed further while dispelling any doubts they had on her credibility.

Rebekah quickly snapped out of it dragging Eva to sit down before flashing away to buy a pregnancy testing kit. Due to Marcel's overbearing rules, it was still not ideal in letting Sophie perform any spells.

It was at this time when Barak rushed downstairs, knowing the significance of the situation.

Eva was his Drakaina, and if she was with child, then that meant the child would be their heir, and he did not know what it exactly entailed for their Drakaina's soul was eternal. An heir could only be in name.

But fate always had plans, so the child did have purpose he was sure of it. But whether it would be of something good or bad was yet to be determined and from the way Eva was looking at him, Barak knew she too understood the complexity.

But all these could be taken under consideration later, for the four mates of her has already sped downstairs without Barak posing an obstacle to them.

Sophie immediately stiffened seeing Damon, she was quite wary of the vampire as he was the one who had threatened and made her suffer the most.

Feeling the hostility directed at him Damon smirked in her direction before bringing his attention to the dazed girl sitting down.

Caroline slowly backed away giving them space joining Kol who too had come down hearing the commotion.

"Eva, my love..." Klaus was the first to speak moving to sit beside her, taking her hands in his.

"Niklaus!" Eva gasped her green orbs seeking blue as they reflected fear and panic. Seeing this Klaus felt flustered, witnessing such emotion from Eva was not in the norm and he understood that she was not really composed.

Stefan, Damon, and Elijah too felt the changes in her.

"What is it, Eva?" Stefan questioned softly.

"S-she said I'm going to be a mother." She replied looking akin to a child, fear, and panic overwhelming her.

Damon signaled the others to leave so that not many would see her in such a vulnerable position.